ralphee

Tamiya Top Force Re-re-really!

It must be 4 weeks at least since I finished the build on my Top Force. I still haven't run it yet. I was planning on running it on the school field behind my house to start with but the weather, holiday and illness have conspired against me.

I look at the hi cap and the poor standard v2 CVA's and think I will need to upgrade if I want to race it. The Losi 22 shocks are good with a wide range of springs but I was looking at these Cougar KF2 big bores and thinking they might fit (need to find the measurements) as they are adjustable and there are lots of springs I can use to tailor them, plus they are pretty reasonable in cost too. Only downside is they are really in the spirit of historic racing like the hi-caps, but not really different in principle to buying some alloy Carson or Turnigy ones, just better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schumacher-Cougar-KF2-Set-Of-Big-Bore-Shock-Absorbers-Alloy-Caps-Seats-K2-/152583085881?hash=item2386a91f39:g:1UIAAOSwRXRZPqMs

Carl.

3 hours ago, drcarlos said:

It must be 4 weeks at least since I finished the build on my Top Force. I still haven't run it yet. I was planning on running it on the school field behind my house to start with but the weather, holiday and illness have conspired against me.

I look at the hi cap and the poor standard v2 CVA's and think I will need to upgrade if I want to race it. The Losi 22 shocks are good with a wide range of springs but I was looking at these Cougar KF2 big bores and thinking they might fit (need to find the measurements) as they are adjustable and there are lots of springs I can use to tailor them, plus they are pretty reasonable in cost too. Only downside is they are really in the spirit of historic racing like the hi-caps, but not really different in principle to buying some alloy Carson or Turnigy ones, just better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schumacher-Cougar-KF2-Set-Of-Big-Bore-Shock-Absorbers-Alloy-Caps-Seats-K2-/152583085881?hash=item2386a91f39:g:1UIAAOSwRXRZPqMs

Carl.

I have a cougar KR and K1 aero, which I think have the same shocks, I will give the shocks a measure when I get home later👍

Have I missed my chance picking up a Top Force 2017 ?

Some shops are saying September - but RCmart is not expecting anymore !

Looks like tamiya was not joking about being limited Edition ....

Like you said, Tower hobbies has it listed for late September. Tamiya USA has it listed as "temporarily out of stock", not "discontinued", so I wouldn't give up hope yet. 

I tried to buy 2 before posting. Just got an email that they're out of stock :( 

That's odd. I ordered one set (possibly the last as it showed only one in stock) last night and so far, its gone through.

Scratch that. RCmart now emailed again me and said its out of stock. I wish the counter that tells you how much/many are "in stock" was truthful. Not the best experience for my first dealings with RCmart.:(

For US folks the shocks are showing in stock at Tamiya USA.  I have a set on order through my LHS so am expecting in the next week.  Be wary of the website there were some issues with credit card fraud that were discussed recently after using their site.

6 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Scratch that. RCmart now emailed again me and said its out of stock. I wish the counter that tells you how much/many are "in stock" was truthful. Not the best experience for my first dealings with RCmart.:(

They seem to be a bit bad with that but this is my first real negative interaction with them over quite a few purchases. I've verified that they've ordered more and will be getting allocated from that stock. I can wait for a bit.

I just pulled apart, cleaned and re-lubed my original top force and lost an e-clip in the rug :( oops.

According to tamico.de they should be getting stock of the 47358 hi-caps early next week. 

Praying this lsts until after the holidays, just orderd two savox servos for my lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time build of the 801x. Plus with Lego anouncing the new UCS MF for 800 ucs my hobby funds are depleted!!!!!!

On 29/08/2017 at 5:09 AM, madmickmalone said:

Just bought another TopForce in osaka they have plenty in stock ATM, but no hi-caps

IMG_1321.JPG

Those lovely white boxes:wub: they just make you stop and stare every time!

• Like 1

Still widely available in Europe. Building mine, that arrived this week right now. 

IMG_0661.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Klausen said:

Still widely available in Europe. Building mine, that arrived this week right now. 

IMG_0661.JPG

Enjoy building it! It's a nice easy and enjoyable build and I was really surprised how well it still keeps up with the modern models of today especially with those fantastic hi-cap shocks!, I used thicker oil than the oil provided in the pack much better IMO;)!

• Like 1

Help - no more kits in HongKong ..

Where are all these kits in japan ?   mad mick sends photos but no store ...................tease  !

Bought many things before from Rc Champ - but wont reply to my emails now !

Doesn't look like they are coming to Australia

• Like 1

On 9.9.2017 at 5:43 PM, Klausen said:

IMG_0661.JPG

The norwegian importer/distributor has gotten their first batch this week. They give slow a new definition. 

5 hours ago, beaver said:

Help - no more kits in HongKong ..

Where are all these kits in japan ?   mad mick sends photos but no store ...................tease  !

Bought many things before from Rc Champ - but wont reply to my emails now !

Doesn't look like they are coming to Australia

Ah sorry, its http://www.super-rc.co.jp/rc/ in osaka