ralphee

Tamiya Top Force Re-re-really!

One item left to sell and i'm pre-ordering this. Decided that if I go historic racing this will be the car to do it with.

Need to decide if I put in the 8.5T Trackstar and X-Car Speedo or save that for the Bigwig, other choice will be an LRP Blue or White 'E' with a QR1060, choices, choices.

Carl.

Oh come on Tamiya for the love of everything holy please rere the Astute.  The Avante and Top Force are getting 3rd runs.  The Astute was your first real attempt at a 2wd racer.

• Like 3

I'm very interested in the top force especially as it seems a reasonable price but I would like to buy a load of spares. Struggling to find anything especially in UK. Do they usually release spares once the model is out? 

10 hours ago, mman2005 said:

I'm very interested in the top force especially as it seems a reasonable price but I would like to buy a load of spares. Struggling to find anything especially in UK. Do they usually release spares once the model is out? 

Nope, hasn't been re-re of any officially retail-packed spares afaik nor Option Part packs. Some suppliers might be able to access "service parts". 

48 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

Nope, hasn't been re-re of any officially retail-packed spares afaik nor Option Part packs. Some suppliers might be able to access "service parts". 

I noticed that they haven't bothered to re-re the thing like the Hi-Caps and the UJ's from the Evo little things that would make good upgrades. Although I'm sure the current Aerated dampers from the TRF series could be made to fit it's just not quite cricket is it.

Carl.

1 hour ago, drcarlos said:

I noticed that they haven't bothered to re-re the thing like the Hi-Caps and the UJ's from the Evo little things that would make good upgrades. Although I'm sure the current Aerated dampers from the TRF series could be made to fit it's just not quite cricket is it.

Hi-Caps are probably too complicated to be worth remaking, like they've simplified the dampers on new Avante & Egress vs their originals.

But somethings don't make sense, like the Hotshot High Performance Suspension set... it's just a bunch of CVAs (current production item) and some brackets (Super Hotshot!), just box 'em up & ship 'em out! Must be demand for it, given Hotshot rere has been on sale so many years now, and the Super(hot)shot isn't as easily found these days - not like the HP set would cannibalise its sales.

41 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

Hi-Caps are probably too complicated to be worth remaking, like they've simplified the dampers on new Avante & Egress vs their originals.

But somethings don't make sense, like the Hotshot High Performance Suspension set... it's just a bunch of CVAs (current production item) and some brackets (Super Hotshot!), just box 'em up & ship 'em out! Must be demand for it, given Hotshot rere has been on sale so many years now, and the Super(hot)shot isn't as easily found these days - not like the HP set would cannibalise its sales.

I was aware the egress dampers were redesigned for the re-re (much like my Wildone to make those actually work and not leak like fury), weren't these the same Hi-caps (just in a grey rather than blue anno) as Top-Force evo ones? Not sure on lengths but would 4 x Egress rears constitute an upgrade on the Top force? If that was the case it's just another box them up and ship em out scenario with even less intrusion (as there is not Top Force Evo re-re) than above? I maybe incorrect as i have no Topforce to test my Egress dampers on though.

Carl.

2 hours ago, drcarlos said:

I was aware the egress dampers were redesigned for the re-re (much like my Wildone to make those actually work and not leak like fury), weren't these the same Hi-caps (just in a grey rather than blue anno) as Top-Force evo ones? Not sure on lengths but would 4 x Egress rears constitute an upgrade on the Top force? If that was the case it's just another box them up and ship em out scenario with even less intrusion (as there is not Top Force Evo re-re) than above? I maybe incorrect as i have no Topforce to test my Egress dampers on though.

dunno! always thought HiCaps were the ones that came during DynaStorm era, they're meant to have some fancypants Teflon sleeve inside them etc etc?

Dont have a TopForceEvo to compare to; not humongous fan of TopFarce either IMHO ain't much improvement vs MantaRay, I only really have a TF because it's #100 :P

thought T did sell the large capacity shocks as option for rere Avante and later appeared on Egress

On 23/03/2017 at 2:26 PM, WillyChang said:

dunno! always thought HiCaps were the ones that came during DynaStorm era, they're meant to have some fancypants Teflon sleeve inside them etc etc?

Dont have a TopForceEvo to compare to; not humongous fan of TopFarce either IMHO ain't much improvement vs MantaRay, I only really have a TF because it's #100 :P

thought T did sell the large capacity shocks as option for rere Avante and later appeared on Egress

I did see this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-58079-Egress-58107-Top-Force-Evolution-3455226-Rear-Damper-Cylinder-Cap-/391485854156?hash=item5b266011cc:m:mtX1LqnmaFH1GaX4OByuVsw

so it might appear that they do share the same part, maybe?

Anyway I've pre-ordered it now (I hate to have a large balance hanging around in Paypal), first Tamiya in a couple of years (Since the Egress). Bigwig will be ordered next month and I'll have to get a couple of servos, a quicrun and a Spectrum receiver at the same time, it's never ending!

This should be a little firecracker with the Trackstar 8.5T and Lipo power.

Carl.

• Like 1

Modelsport delivery dates pushed back again, from April to May 12th, now May 15th. Have any kits been delivered globally?

Modelsport Bigwig status changed from expected date to on order with supplier on the due date so I guess they only got enough stock to fulfill preorders, I got mine from JADLAM as they did 10% off on easter weekend and they had stock. Wishing i'd held off on this too.

Carl.

14 hours ago, marcod13 said:

The TF is now available in Ontario Canada

Canada first again.... might be a trend we're seeing with dispatch.  Big Wig also hit stores first in Canada recently.

With everything I have going on I probably shouldn't be too bothered as over the next few weekends I will have little time to spend fiddling around with my cars. Until the TF arrives I will be adding the brushless setup to the Bigwig, painting it and then taking it for a few runs to break in the transmission, also have to put the new loony brushless setup (4T Motor and 120amp speedo) into my lads Hyper Mini ST as I stole the 13.5T and TBLE02s from that for the Bigwig. It would have just been nice to have had the TF safely squirrelled away in my man cave.

Carl.

23 hours ago, Thommo said:

Canada first again.... might be a trend we're seeing with dispatch.  Big Wig also hit stores first in Canada recently.

Yes, seems to be an interesting trend indeed. I also have seen the TT02 Ferrari F12TDF available here to puchase :) 

After being released Bigwig from the distributer in Seoul 2 months faster generally, don't know the reason excactly and maybe sort of a coincidence, anyhow, I heard Tamiya HQ restricted this(in Seoul) distributer's release date for re-re Grasshopper 2.

So.. If Tamiya had produced enough TF re*2-re to be able to export these, I guess TFs might be in the warehouses of world distributors already, until their outing date.^_^

Do we know when the exact release date is?

I have one on pre order with Stella, I already have 2 and an Evo, but they are my favourite so I guess you cannot have too many....

I wonder if thats true that the TF's are being held hostage in warehouses until the official date lol..

On May 1, 2017 at 4:50 AM, Snappy1 said:

Do we know when the exact release date is?

I have one on pre order with Stella, I already have 2 and an Evo, but they are my favourite so I guess you cannot have too many....

They were already released in Canada, but if you mean an exact World Wide Release I haven't read any official news anywhere. eBay already has two f/s! 

Modelsport estimated arrival date bumped to mid June now. Nice of them to inform me, I had to check on the website for myself. I have the Bigwig to play with until then though so it's not a total loss.

Carl.

The thing I'm excited about is 2 fold.....

1- the T chip shops where people buy the kits and sell off the parts making them more available for restoring and modding your tl01(the chassis.....) and as they flood the market with said parts they become even more affordable...... and then 

2- with then ripping up kits to make extra loot, if it's a limited run that means less kits floating around keeping their value up ;) 

I have now paid for my pre order Top Force through Stella, $154 US, not bad at all....should be shipped today

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

I have now paid for my pre order Top Force through Stella, $154 US, not bad at all....should be shipped today

Wow!  Did you get a discount for pre-ordering?  Price is now $179.90 US not including shipping.