Mokei Kagaku

Another new re-re: 58643 Grasshopper II (2017)

Well...time to stock up on decal sheets! 

Even though I have two Super G's and a Stock GH2, I can now have another runner!

Super Hornet next please, Mr Tamiya.

What a strange company they can be sometimes. I mean, why weren't they doing this last year for the 40th anniversary?

Not complaining too much though. Guessing their next move is part of the fun. :)

• Like 2

You know what else this means... Falcon/Striker/FX10 replacement wheels and tires!

• Like 4

Yep Mark!

Tires weren't the hard part to find, it was the wheels! 

This is pretty cool as I don't currently have a stock GH2 runner, only the shelf queen. Super G maybe? Pretty please? :) 

Wow.. his is so cool... makes me Wonder if there will be Even more cars rereleased this year... keep em coming :)

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

What a strange company they can be sometimes. I mean, why weren't they doing this last year for the 40th anniversary?

There do seem to be some great releases coming out this year. I don't know much about Japanese culture - is the number 41 somehow more significant than 40? Considered luckier perhaps?

GH2 was one of my earlier refurbs- I enjoyed running it but my 17yrvold Staffie could catch it when the battery started to get under 50% lol!

• Like 2

Oh, and by the way...

Three Cheers for the Re-release!

IMG_6102.JPG

• Like 3

Destroying the value of my entire vintage collection but it is beautiful!!!

Max

Nice.  Really happy to see them bring back some of the entry level stuff. I'll need grab a few of these bodies and some good quality decal sheets to complete some of the projects I have laying around Seems like I can never get enough of this chassis. 

Maybe we'll get limited run colors as well.  Be nice to get a green or black edition to go with the original grasshopper.  

Im thinking the super hornet will hit next but really hoping for a mud blaster. 

24 minutes ago, kontemax said:

Destroying the value of my entire vintage collection but it is beautiful!!!

Max

Hey, that's okay Max. Like the original Grasshopper, they won't be really valuable, but they are certainly loved by those of us who own vintage ones.

And yeah! Bring on the Super Hornet also!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markbt73 said:

You know what else this means... Falcon/Striker/FX10 replacement wheels and tires!

Yeah what's up with that?? That's not the original wheel/tire setup is it?

Just now, iluvmud said:

Yeah what's up with that?? That's not the original wheel/tire setup is it?

It sure is Mud. The Striker and FX10 share the same wheels/tires as the GHII.

3 minutes ago, NWarty said:

It sure is Mud. The Striker and FX10 share the same wheels/tires as the GHII.

Weird I thought it was the larger wheels like the super hornet

18 minutes ago, NWarty said:

Hey, that's okay Max. Like the original Grasshopper, they won't be valuable, but they are loved but those of us who own them.

I absolutely have no problem about my collection value, I'm simply not interested in it. "Toys they are" and I'm really happy for every new re-release because this means new spare parts.

Max

• Like 6

I was thinking about re-re-release Topforce yesterday, but the mind is becoming changed today when saw re-GH2 news.

1 hour ago, iluvmud said:

Weird I thought it was the larger wheels like the super hornet

Mud,

The GHII Super G and Super Hornet wear the Wild One/Fox wheels, just in neon colors. The Super G had the neon yellow or green, the Super Hornet in orange. The stock GHII wheels are specific to it, the Falcon (in yellow), Striker and Futaba FX10. 

In addition, the tires for the Super G/Super Hornet come from the "Shot" series, the rears being from the Vanquish, Super Shot, Avante, Boomer. The fronts are pin-spike, GH Super G/Super Hornet specific and MUCH MORE difficult to find and command a higher price.

5 minutes ago, NWarty said:

Mud,

The GHII Super G and Super Hornet wear the Wild One/Fox wheels, just in neon colors. The Super G had the neon yellow or green, the Super Hornet in orange. The stock GHII wheels are specific to it, the Falcon (in yellow), Striker and Futaba FX10. 

perfect thanks!! I have a falcon and Sonic Fighter........ just spent like 28 smackers on the rear wheels..... BUT HEY theyre actually vintage. lol