Mokei Kagaku

Another new re-re: 58643 Grasshopper II (2017)

Glad to see the GH II  coming back and I'm sure there will be a few that makes it into the collection as I can't seem to get enough of this chassis. 

Am I the only one with an affliction for this chassis?   Seems like I can't stop myself from buying every cheap one on eBay.  Maybe the fact that the GH 1 was my first real car has something to do with it  

It is a very attractive car to be sure. Being a fan of the Mad Bull, I would like to add it's predecessor to my fleet at some point. Probably won't be my next purchase though - having far too much fun racing!

22 hours ago, racer1 said:

Glad to see the GH II  coming back and I'm sure there will be a few that makes it into the collection as I can't seem to get enough of this chassis. 

Am I the only one with an affliction for this chassis?   Seems like I can't stop myself from buying every cheap one on eBay.  Maybe the fact that the GH 1 was my first real car has something to do with it  

I think it's a slightly lightweight version of the hornet. Pretty durable and bouncy. I have a Rising Fighter runner and a SH which I never built. No GH2 though I quite like it's shell. I think Tamiya will release the SH again. Which is great! Would like a Thunder Dragon and Thundershot as well

On 1/26/2017 at 1:06 PM, Finman said:

I will try and post some pictures later of the ones I had.

These are the fluoro red wheel vs the Super Hornet orange. Subtle difference!!

P1000698.JPG

Super Hornet Wheels 2.jpg

• Like 2

Christam I'm hopping mad with jealousy... how you resisted grabbing that display model and legging it for the door is beyond me!. Can't wait to get this GH2 when it comes out.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2017 at 11:22 AM, Jason1145 said:

Christam I'm hopping mad with jealousy... how you resisted grabbing that display model and legging it for the door is beyond me!. Can't wait to get this GH2 when it comes out.

lol that's not my pic, got it from FaceBook.

This is now listed on Modelsport UK. £89.00 available 3rd March.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-the-grasshopper-ii-2017-/rc-car-products/408616

• Like 1

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 7:02 AM, Wandy said:

Super Hornet next please, Mr Tamiya.

What a strange company they can be sometimes. I mean, why weren't they doing this last year for the 40th anniversary?

Not complaining too much though. Guessing their next move is part of the fun. :)

Yep i second that !!!😊😊

Modelsport UK and Wonderland Models list it as available from 1st and 3rd March 2017, but Fusion Hobbies list it as 13th March.... boo!

Fusion Hobbies also allow you to reduce the price from £88 to £78 if you remove the supplied esc, and then with the discount code it comes down to £70.20... absolute bargain! (I might add a few extra items to make it over £100 for free shipping, such a false economy but I will allow myself to fall for it this once)

How many of us have a GH2 ordered?

Who is going to be first to post one up in their showroom?

Mine is going to be ballraced and upgraded to a 540 from the start...

3 hours ago, Palfertronic said:

How many of us have a GH2 ordered?

Who is going to be first to post one up in their showroom?

Mine is going to be ballraced and upgraded to a 540 from the start...

I ballsed up and last night bought a gawjuss looking FAV which means I be blown my budget for the GH2 Rere..... duh!

Can't believe it, especially as I've been hopping mad for it for over a month now, as my Sig can verify.

My last glimmer of hope is that equally my gawjuss wifi (wifey)  will buy it for my birthday... if not, I'll sneak it in somewhere myself but it won't be on release date ;p

I too will ball race and 540 it.

Stella has them in stock and at a very reasonable $65 us

• Like 1

I've got the one of these today.
The kit has 380 type motor.(I guess it's same as back then.) Didn't check the manual yet.
As expected, not that special on its re-re, but I admit it is special itself.
I'm happy anyhow.:)
These kits seem to have been sold out in my country already.

Added some pics below..

20170322_141355.jpg

20170322_141427.jpg

20170322_141505b.jpg

20170322_141520.jpg

20170322_141546.jpg

20170322_141626.jpg

• Like 6

Got my GH II tonight....gearbox is built, hope to have a running chassis by tomorrow lunchtime...

• Like 2

Look forward to seeing more of these on here soon then, and as a bonus I think these GH2 wheels will also fit the Striker so these should soon be plentiful (I assume new parts are being released for this GH2 kit too?)

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Look forward to seeing more of these on here soon then, and as a bonus I think these GH2 wheels will also fit the Striker so these should soon be plentiful (I assume new parts are being released for this GH2 kit too?)

Seidel has most of the parts in stock already, including the wheels.

2 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Seidel has most of the parts in stock already, including the wheels.

Cool thanks I haven't had time to do any scouting around yet, this is good to know :)

She looks nice. The packaging is different from the original one but this is a very nice opportunity to buy the very first Tamya car i've owned. They must re-re the Super G too !

Finished mine last night...

Mrs P says paint the wheels red, I am moving towards blue....

GH2c.jpg

GH2d.jpg

• Like 4

How about avante black and avante 2001 and hot shot 2 and maybe the porsche 959 and celica gtfour with repsol stickers as well,super shot 😊😊

On Thursday, February 02, 2017 at 10:22 PM, Jason1145 said:

For all you guys that cant wait here you go this is where i got mine ..😊😊

https://www.rcjaz.com/tamiya-rc-models-offroad-car-kit-2wd-chassis-c-82_1744_2446.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I'm a busted flush right now, no RC budget... we can get it for £75 inc postage here in the UK

Ohhhhhh  bummer feel for you😔

• Like 1