Sign in to follow this  
M 800STD

TA03F Pro Al parts

Yes.  I thought I would give it a whirl.

Thankfully my mind can relax now as I have all the parts required to finish this car.  Well, if my orders have been fulfilled.

One other thing I forgot to mention was the T 6mm wheel adapter, clamp style.  Without these mounted the rotational weight felt great.  After mounting hub adapters I was shocked at how much weight was added.  This has mad me think carefully when selecting hub adapters.

Can someone please measure the diameter of the stock/kit provided anti-roll bars (TA03F Pro) and let me know please?

Hi, can some please confirm if 53218 (Touring Car Hard Cup Set) will fit the Ball diffs on TA03F Pro please?

Thanks in advance.

No, 53218 is for gear diffs you want 53217.

I used 53217 on my ta03r and as far as I know the ball diffs are the same for the ta03f.

I'm surprised that the clamp hex's made that much difference I thought they were pretty light!

sven

• Like 1

Hi Steve, thanks for that confirmation.

With regards to hub adapters, this was the first time I used clamp style.  Previous styles used were plastic and metal slide on pin items.  These felt a lot lighter than the clamp style, but did not keep the wheel true.

Cheers, Ajj

A few more sundries came through the other day, which allowed me to mount the front gear box.

When applying the GPM/RCDamper front lower gear box to the TA03F chassis, the screws supplied were not suitable and shims/washers were required to mount successfully or sand down part of the upper gearbox case.  Basically the gear box does not sit flat on the chassis plate.

Parts required:  x2  3x10mm counter sunk screws (Not self tapping)

x2  3mm washers or to get it perfect 0.3mm shims on both of the front gear box mounting screws.  3mm washer measured 0.45mm.

I have also made a comment about the front gear box hinge pins being too long and wanting to replace them.  So I purchased the Ti hinge pins and guess what - they are the same length as the original items.  Typical.  :rolleyes:

At one stage we resorted to using shock shafts for hingepins... can't remember what caused us to try, probably got tired of waiting for right part to arrive.

@WillyChang

Now that's ingenuity...or just trying to make the next race.  :D

I remember doing all sorts, to make the next race when bashing.

@M 800STD

Thank you for your consideration not to hijack my build thread :D

Nice chassis. Is it only a shelf queen or do you run it too?

I'm curious to see when I will finish my chassis.  Some parts are really difficult to find or really expensive. Especially the black gear box parts.  I hope, that the TA03F gets also re-released like the TA02 or TA03R, and hopefully with some hop-up parts.

No problem.  :)

Yep shelf queen, as I have another with a couple of options.

In the interest of finishing my project, if I saw the part I just brought it.  Hence the small fortune.  Most parts sourced from ebay.

During the past 4 years prices were high then fell and now not much about.

It would be nice to see it re-released.

Your desired parts will come around.  Just have to keep an eye on ebay.