Sign in to follow this  
Magsy-NYC

Blackfoot re-re

Hey all - The blackfoot was my very first rc so excited to see it get re-released! I finished the assembly, but have a ton of extra parts. In the manual (specifically page 25) the parts are highlighted in a darker color than the parts I used during assembly. I didn't miss any of the steps either. Anyone know what the deal is with that?

Many thanks!

The parts highlighted in a darker colour in the manual are indeed parts not needed for the Blackfoot, but on sprues the Blackfoot shares with other models.

A-Parts: Switch cover for the older large on/off switches and tubes for the mounting of a mechanical speed control (like included in the original release Blackfoot)

E-Parts: All parts used on the Monster Beetle, both original and re-release.

C-Parts: Parts used on the Subaru Brat, both original and re-release (except for part 18 which is only for re-release Brat and re-release Frog)

G-Parts: Lights for Monster Beetle, both original and re-release. Friction dampers: for original release Blackfoot and Mud Blaster (which hasn't been re-released (yet))

B-Parts: Servo saver spring for original Subaru Brat and Lancia Rally (the Lancia hasn't been re-released on the ORV-chassis (yet)) and front spring "actuators", used on the Subaru Brat and Frog (both original and re-release) and Lancia Rally.

X-Parts: From a "generic" damper set intended for many models, thus including parts not necessary for the Blackfoot.

I think that's about it!

On 1/29/2017 at 4:21 PM, Mokei Kagaku said:

The parts highlighted in a darker colour in the manual are indeed parts not needed for the Blackfoot, but on sprues the Blackfoot shares with other models.

A-Parts: Switch cover for the older large on/off switches and tubes for the mounting of a mechanical speed control (like included in the original release Blackfoot)

E-Parts: All parts used on the Monster Beetle, both original and re-release.

C-Parts: Parts used on the Subaru Brat, both original and re-release (except for part 18 which is only for re-release Brat and re-release Frog)

G-Parts: Lights for Monster Beetle, both original and re-release. Friction dampers: for original release Blackfoot and Mud Blaster (which hasn't been re-released (yet))

B-Parts: Servo saver spring for original Subaru Brat and Lancia Rally (the Lancia hasn't been re-released on the ORV-chassis (yet)) and front spring "actuators", used on the Subaru Brat and Frog (both original and re-release) and Lancia Rally.

X-Parts: From a "generic" damper set intended for many models, thus including parts not necessary for the Blackfoot.

I think that's about it!

Ahhhhhh! That makes sense. I thought it was something along those lines but I couldn't find it documented anywhere. Thanks for clarifying!!