Sign in to follow this  
njmlondon

Aftermarket M04L Hop-ups

Quick question... does anybody know which companies make aftermarket hop-ups for the M04L chassis. I am particularly interested in any carbon chassis alternatives, and any aluminium parts. If you know of a manufacturer, can you let me know, and if you know of a web-site that would be even better!

Thanks

Tamiya's M-chassis lineup is such a small niche, there really shouldn't be much expectation for aftermarket hopups. Adding third-party hop-ups would disqualify a chassis from Tamiya's TCS races, even less incentive for aftermarket product development.

Having said that, there's only one company offering a few aluminum hopups suitable for the M04L.. GPM Racing Products:

http://www.gpmracing.com.hk/front/front.html

Click on Hop Ups then M03. Several of the parts that fit the M03 also fit the M04L. No one makes an aftermarket CF chassis for either models.

m03.jpg

No clue who distributes GPM in europe. HobbyEtc.com does it for the states.

You probably already know, but I suppose it doesn't hurt if I point out that Tamiya makes aluminum front and rear knuckle arms themselves.

53523 Aluminum Front Upright (M03, M04, FF02, TL01 (not TL01LA and TL01B), Wild Dagger, Mad Bison)

53380 TG10 Aluminum Rear Upright Set (1 Pair)(M03, M04, FF02, TL01, TL01B (not TL01LA), Wild Dagger, Mad Bison, Wild Willy 2, TB01)

TA01/02 and TG10/TB01 aluminum hub carrier can be used too, but geometry will change:

53226 1/10 Touring Car Aluminum Front Hub Carrier (1 Pair)

53378 TG10 Aluminum Front Hub Carrier (1 Pair)

There is a aftermarket carbon (or FRP...?) chassis for the M-01 and M-02 though - my uncle has it on his Abarth! [^]