Jimbo

Schumacher Cat XLS is back

17 minutes ago, Champ85 said:

Well, AMain just shipped mine so they are in the US.  Will be about a week until I get it though.

Also got shipping notice from AMain.  They have 21 left in stock.

• Like 2

Just ordered one from Tamico, so now the waiting game begins 😀

• Like 4

Mine arrived from Fusion today too. I'm amazed at how small the box is! To say they crammed all of the parts in is something of an understatement.

Lovely box artwork, although I have no idea how authentic it is to the original as I have never seen one.

No issues with packaging or damage either, it's immaculate. :)

2.JPG

4.JPG

• Like 6

Are they actually limited run or like the Scorcher just until they stop selling?

54 minutes ago, moffman said:

Are they actually limited run or like the Scorcher just until they stop selling?

Not sure really, I was told this was the first batch and the second would be available in august. I don't know if that will be it or not

Well took the plunge! Wasn't going to bother with this one stunning as it is😍! but looking at the cats on this forum thought "only live once" so the order's in now like the rest it's just the waiting game now!

28delivery1712a.jpg

• Like 5

Picked up mine at my local hobby shop today. it arrived already last week but i was on Holiday so no chance to get it earlier.
It came with some of the hop ups i ordered such as aluminum exentrics and rear roll bar set. Because i want to built this one as a runner, i also ordered the upgraded tranny plus two sets of chrome wheels which are both still on backorder. So the build has to wait...Meanwhile i can practise a little in putting back all those parts back in the box which is possibly the tiniest packaging for an rc car i've ever seen *headshaking*

Lol, I'm a little surprised at all the small box comments as the smallest kit box I have ever received was a Tamiya, for my TA05 VDF. 😆

Has anybody got a box which is in perfect shape? mine is a bit bent on the corners like there is to much packed in the box or the box is a little to small for the contents! Not that it matters!😊

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TeaMonster said:

The box is pretty much standard size for Schumacher kits

Agree with you on this. When i checked with my other CATS boxes like SX2 SX3, Cougar SV, they are suprisingly exactly same size. It only seems that the box is tinier than earlier boxes but in fact they're not

7 hours ago, moffman said:

Has anybody got a box which is in perfect shape? mine is a bit bent on the corners like there is to much packed in the box or the box is a little to small for the contents! Not that it matters!😊

It's an achievement in itself how they manage to get everything in. I only need to take one bag out and I cannot get it all back in again😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moffman said:

I have absolutely no idea, as my three are packed so tight in the shipping box I'm not sure I can get them out without damaging them.  

CzBOK6j.jpg

• Like 6

On 27/07/2017 at 10:51 AM, Robert5000 said:

I have absolutely no idea, as my three are packed so tight in the shipping box I'm not sure I can get them out without damaging them. 

Oooohhh this makes me jealous for sure !
I'm tempted in getting me a second one as i want to run mine but i would like to get a NIB keeper aside. What are your plans on these three babies?

One to build and run, one NIB for the shelf and one in storage in case this turns out to be a limited run which I know would make me "need" just one more. @scoobybooster

As everyone else has already stated, the box is small -even compared to what I thought were tiny kits from associated. 

OoEszNA.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

As everyone else has already stated, the box is small -even compared to what I thought were tiny kits from associated. 

OoEszNA.jpg

Not fair - I want an RC10 Worlds :(

Anyone started their build yet? I'm at my wits end trying to choose whether to start on the xls or avante. 

1 minute ago, Robert5000 said:

Anyone started their build yet? I'm at my wits end trying to choose whether to start on the xls or avante. 

I started mine but then had to stop to spray the undertray, once I get back from hols I will continue with the build. Word of warning, the window masks leave a nasty residue when removed post spraying.

6 minutes ago, TeaMonster said:

I started mine but then had to stop to spray the undertray, once I get back from hols I will continue with the build. Word of warning, the window masks leave a nasty residue when removed post spraying.

Is it possible to postpone the spraying of the undertray after everything is built? If not that excludes the xls for now and I might as well start on the avante. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert5000 said:

Is it possible to postpone the spraying of the undertray after everything is built? If not that excludes the xls for now and I might as well start on the avante. 

It goes on in step 4 of the manual, the gearbox is bolted through it. Not sure if you can cut it out, fit it, build and then remove and spray.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Should be possible but it's a pain to frickle in the 4  passing-through screws (Step 19, page 15) back in place. These are holding the complete front-section together and you'll need at least two more hands to get it all back in place again:wacko:. ( Btw - I haven't started with the built of mine but i know this from the rebuilds my original CAT's ).

• Like 2