Jimbo

Schumacher Cat XLS is back

Omg.

That buggy was a real beauty.

A must have!

My wife gonna confiscate my credit card lol

I was thinking of buying the Bigwig, Monster  Beetle and Top Force at one go and considered it as a one time big purchase for this year and that's all but .......

I am sure there will be re-releases of Yokomo Dogfighter and Kyosho turbo Optima right behind our heels to chase after our wallets soon.

Thanks  for the great news Jimbo.

Well tempted by this, especially at the quoted price. Doesn't seem much more expensive than it was in 1987 ??? (Around £200 then ?). I wonder how much the transmission upgrade will be. Can anyone remember if this version has a front diff or one way roller axles ?

Amazing!!

Of all the manufacturers from back in the day, the one that I thought was least likely to jump on the re-release bandwagon was Schumacher. Anyone who was around back in the day knows that this was one of THE buggies to rule the roost.

All we need now is Yokomo to bring back the YZ-870c and we truly are being blessed.

In the meantime though I wonder how much this one will cost? Not cheap I expect but who cares? I will absolutely be getting one. B)

Edit : just realised the price..£259.99. Yep, that will work. :)

• Like 1

Some model shops are doing pre orders for around the £235. Upgraded transmission looks to be around £95 but unsure what it comes with

Just paid for it, lol. That's me £266 lighter than I was expecting to be this month. :rolleyes:

Had to be done though as I think these will fly off the shelves....the whole vintage RC community will want one of them.

This is one helluva start to the year for re-releases. B)

• Like 1

No. Freaking. Way. 

Its the First of February right... nor April?

Way!

wow... Masami edition re-re... amazing!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

No. Freaking. Way. 

Its the First of February right... nor April?

Way!

wow... Masami edition re-re... amazing!

The power of the people😉

Not sure why the gearbox isn't an upgrade as standard, but, i want one!!! 😊

One of many dream buggies back then. Will certainly like one of these.

Must admit I would like to have a couple of these but at the moment I don't have the budget. If it is still available at the end of the year though I will nab another one.

Interesting... I don't know much about these other than what I read about them back then. Schumachers were never very popular on this side of the Atlantic.

But it's good to see another manufacturer on the nostalgia train. Now, Marui: stop playing with toy guns for two minutes and give us a re-re Samurai and Big Bear, would you?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Remember this Willychang?

IMG_1998.JPG

Did u get any credit for kickstarting the trend? :lol:

• Like 1

why does it need an upgraded gearbox? I want one but I don't want to pay an additional 95 quid straight off, that's a bit cheeky

3 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Interesting... I don't know much about these other than what I read about them back then. Schumachers were never very popular on this side of the Atlantic.

They weren't Mark. I've only seen one in the flesh and that was back in 1988 in St. Louis. But this is pretty awesome that Schumacher has jumped onboard with a re-re. 

Jimbo,

Just saw your thread from 9 years ago over at RC10talk.com with Willy's decals ;)

Hopefully this re-re is UK based so for a change UK will get them first? BRILLIANT!!!!! (If I'm right):D:D

5 hours ago, markbt73 said:

But it's good to see another manufacturer on the nostalgia train. Now, Marui: stop playing with toy guns for two minutes and give us a re-re Samurai and Big Bear, would you?

A re-re marui would be awesome, add to my NIB Hunter

Looks like there are quite a few of us at Boondal ordering these.

Boondal CAT XL Ginger Cup coming with action pic's.