Jimbo

Schumacher Cat XLS is back

4 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

For those of you who aren't a Schumacher virgin like me; from what I'm reading the build process (or rather the instructions) seems to be interesting. Seeing as I've only built kits from Tamiya and Kyosho, am I in for a surprise/challenge? 

Have to admit I'm as excited as a tween at a Bieber concert for this re-release!

Much like the Associated RC10, the original SWB CAT was apparently an absolute nightmare to build. I would imagine the new XLS re-release will be a lot easier to put together though.

• Like 1

I should hope you're right about the re-release being easier to build @Wandy 

So, what kind of hop-ups (or whatever Schumacher calls them) are you guys going to get? 

I plan to get two kits. One for the shelf and one to run. The runner will get the transmission upgrade.

Phew, high fives all around! I was worried I'd have to spring for all the carbon this and that, which wasn't all that tempting. I'll only buy one transmission upgrade as well. The other two are likely to stay in their boxes for quite a while so no need to break the space time continuum of my wallet in order to get the upgrade for them as well. Thanks! @Wandy

I ordered 2, gotta have spares. :D
I wanted one of these sooo badly as a kid.  I used to race ROAR on-road and watched the CAT clean-up in the off-road world.

Just had an email from Modelsport to say the delivery date is now 12th may.  Is this delay across the board?

cheers

Rob

Schumacher themselves are still showing it as releasing this month.

The email says "latest information from our suppliers" so maybe Schumacher are delaying third party orders to sell the first batch direct from the factory?

On 03/03/2017 at 5:04 PM, 73robb said:

The email says "latest information from our suppliers" so maybe Schumacher are delaying third party orders to sell the first batch direct from the factory?

From what I've heard, early May and that's to everyone not just direct. They've been working hard in getting the new Cougar KD and KC out first which has put a delay on the XLS

• Like 1

Just received from Modelsport :

"The latest information we have from our suppliers is that the item SCH-K172 Schumacher CAT XLS Masami you have on back order with us, has had its expected delivery date changed to 7th June 2017.

We apologise for this. If the revised date is unacceptable or you wish to change your order, please contact sales@modelsport.co.uk quoting the order number above.

Regards
Modelsport UK "

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 73robb said:

Just received from Modelsport :

"The latest information we have from our suppliers is that the item SCH-K172 Schumacher CAT XLS Masami you have on back order with us, has had its expected delivery date changed to 7th June 2017.

We apologise for this. If the revised date is unacceptable or you wish to change your order, please contact sales@modelsport.co.uk quoting the order number above.

Regards
Modelsport UK "

The wait continues

The release date is now July (nothing more specific) according to the Schumacher website. Not great news for Revival runners including me :-(

I have been told in a few weeks.

First batch totally sold out. I wonder if that's a 2nd batch.

I have not heard of anyone in the UK having one yet, including team drivers. I dont think any have been released yet.

I am a Schumacher factory driver here in Australia, fortunately, no one gets special access or early order for this re-release. Schumacher always play fair.

I would hazard a pretty strong educated guess that Schumacher have the optional transmission because not everyone will want to run their car, also factor in the fact it is a "proper" re-release.. Battery and motor technology have moved on a very long way - the older transmission struggles when hit with a lot of power. I see it as a great thing. I wouldn't be surprised if some vintage series would ban the XLS with the updated transmission because of its new found efficiency. I believe some series have banned cars for a whole lot less.

If you go to the cars page on site - they have a complete parts list available as well...won't be long now!

Exciting times at Schumacher, with them re-entering the 1/12 scale circuit class with the Eclipse. 

We are all very pumped about this car - can't wait to get my hands on one or two!

cheers

Darryn

• Like 2

Oh, I can't wait to drive poorly and wreck something english for a change!

• Like 1

On 28/05/2017 at 0:53 PM, RETRO R/C said:

I am a Schumacher factory driver here in Australia, fortunately, no one gets special access or early order for this re-release. Schumacher always play fair.

I would hazard a pretty strong educated guess that Schumacher have the optional transmission because not everyone will want to run their car, also factor in the fact it is a "proper" re-release.. Battery and motor technology have moved on a very long way - the older transmission struggles when hit with a lot of power. I see it as a great thing. I wouldn't be surprised if some vintage series would ban the XLS with the updated transmission because of its new found efficiency. I believe some series have banned cars for a whole lot less.

If you go to the cars page on site - they have a complete parts list available as well...won't be long now!

Exciting times at Schumacher, with them re-entering the 1/12 scale circuit class with the Eclipse. 

We are all very pumped about this car - can't wait to get my hands on one or two!

cheers

Darryn

Darryn, I too am in Australia and want to know the best way to purchase XLS, what are your plans? (Mine will be a runner!!!)

Thanks Lucas.

Anyone know where the Schumacher U7236 transmission upgrade is available for pre-order in the US?  AMain doesn't have it listed that I can see and that's where I'm getting the kit.

On 22 June 2017 at 11:18 PM, Lhodgo said:

Darryn, I too am in Australia and want to know the best way to purchase XLS, what are your plans? (Mine will be a runner!!!)

Thanks Lucas.

Supposedly any oz LHS selling new Schumacher should have them... they'll arrive when they arrive, eventually.