MadInventor

2017 best year yet for re-re's ?

1 hour ago, mongoose1983 said:

Better than that, the sexy shiny black Juggernaut #1 with the later Jug #2 axle modification included :D

I should have made the title of this thread, 'best year so far for re-re's'.

I appreciate the sentiment for the Jugg2 having one myself, but I suggest the best combo would be the jugg 2 chassis and drivetrain, but with the wider TXT-1 axles and HiLift dampers instead of the cack pogo sticks that originally came with the Jugg2, and some TXT-1 wheels and tires. The wider TXT-1 axles and the flat TXT-1 tires make the truck handle a lot better. For bodyshell I'd either like to  see the Hilift shell in whatever colourscheme, as it can easily have a full light kit fitted (In fact, it would be good to be able to fit the MFU for the Hi lift into for full sound and lights, or an updated clod shell that can have a light kit fitted to it.

img33435_25052011231430_2.jpg

Don't those red Hi-Lift shocks look so much better than the black ones with springs ?? ;)

• Like 2

I have to agree it is a good year for re-re's and I'm going to reserve judgement until if/when the 959 make an appearance;) then it will be the best year but until then the best year in my opinion has to be the sand scorcher year just because IMO the sand scorcher is the best Tamiya RC in fact the best RC ever made original or re-re!!:)

• Like 1

No doubt that a juggernaut rere would be some serious cash though, so much metal. Probably £500-£600 given recent price hikes and it's never going to come in less than the F350 high lift. 

I reckon the original 87 Clodbuster would be a quick win for Tamiya and could be priced at £260-£300. Even though you can almost recreate one from a super clod kit and some, reissue stickers and red spray paint/plastdip for the f parts. 

The txt-2 is probably comparrable to a juggernaut rere. UK price was close to £500 if I recall though no one paid that. It was only a bargain whilst tamico had them on offer for 299 Euro which was £235 at one point. I paid £360 for my extra spare this week from them given current exchange rates. 

On that a txt-1 would be a welcome rere.

Avante is a dream for me, looking forward to it. If Kyosho did do the Optima Mid it would also be a no-brainer (would prefer the turbo but would be too concerned that they wouldn't release it so would get the mid regardless). As for the tease of a Jugg, yes that would also be a no-brainer purchase.

The holy grail has to be the 959 though as many have stated. That's a purchase at any cost re-re for me.

This is a great year already, shame however over here in Australia the long time distributor of Tamiya (I think 25 years) has changed and the new one is struggling to work it all out. So our LHS Metro Hobbies has no transparency and no stock. Been calling them about the Avante and they know nothing as the new distributor knows even less. Purchasing from Europe or USA is way too expensive so Hong Kong is the only option if I want one at this stage!

I think what Tamiya have announced over the last month or so is all we are going to probably get this year! I'm no way complaining it's been brilliant!:), nothing for me personally that makes me want to rush out and buy (although I am warming to the top force) so I may find myself with one of them!, But is it me or is the kyosho turbo scorpion re-re the longest "coming soon" in the history of any RC manufacturer I first seen photo's of that last summer when I thought is was a one I could see myself buying now I'm totally past it and couldn't care less if it come out or not:rolleyes: and it made me think maybe that's what they should all do give an announcement a year before and if you still want it when said model appears then that's obviously a one for you! but let's be honest how many of us have bought just because it's been re-re'd and been lost in the moment (personally the expensive bruiser) then thought when it was bopping and crashing around the garden "fantastic looking but what a load of rubbish"!:unsure:

• Like 2