Sign in to follow this  
sparkysx

Tyres for Porsche 959 wheels

Supposedly some owners have used M-chassis tyres, T makes M-size rally blocks now but I haven't gotten around to trying.

Some years back Kyosho made a Mini Inferno and the Mini guys were fitting its tyres onto M-wheels too. 

I tried stretching M chassis tires onto mine... it sort of worked but never really sat properly or looked right.

There is an aftermarket company that makes 1/10 size wheels in the prototypical 7 spoke white style and with the hex fitting being a match for the 959. Think they are called rallyraid or something like that.

You can also fit standard 1/10 wheels using Avente hex's. That is what I ended up doing... 959

for the minis, before a rally blocks were available, some take full size rally blocks and cut them down. You can get rally block copies for about 3 quid from china on ebay if you wanted to experiment.

Wish they would just RE Re this car and be done with it !!

If they do bet it will be released on some rubbish chassis and original parts will still be hens teeth rare (not that the original was problem free) .

I see wheels every so often on my never ending quest to find a NIB ,but your wallet feels the pinch at the prices people want for them .

dunno, HK site don't say what size wheels they go on :mellow:

was walking past the Dakar shelf when read your post, so i stole a wheel off the Porker. (Amazing how there's a T hexwrench lying everywhere i could possibly need one... don't we all? :lol:)

Mini wheels are 42mm:-

DSC08342-1280.jpg

HPI has MX60 wheel size which comes up to 44mm:-

DSC08341-1280.jpg

959 is 46mm:-

DSC08337-1280.jpg

No idea what tyres are on the Swift m-chassis wheels but 2 are cut-n-shuts. The other 2 are supposedly for Half-Eight or Losi Mini-Eight, the rubber is a tad wider than the wheel. 

Both T wheels are 24mm wide, the HPI is 25mm.

ok according to this https://hobbyking.com/en_us/1-pair-aluminum-wheels-5-spokes.html

GPM Racing Kyosho Mini Inferno F/R Flat Rims (5 Poles) (Silver) (1pr) These are really nice looking wheels, they are made for the Kyosho Mini Inferno but may suit other cars with an 8mm hex.

Diameter: 43mm
Width: 22mm
Hex: 8m

RC18T & MiniT appear to be smaller wheels = 37mm so no good

GPM Racing Associated RC18T Alloy Standard Sinkage Surface Rims (6 Poles) (Blue) (1pr)

These cool looking rims can be used on RC18T, front and rear as well as RC18B and MiniT rear only.

Diameter: 37mm
Width: 28mm

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/1-pair-aluminum-wheels-6-spokes-flat.html

Yellow wheel still on bench so i measured its behind, 959's hex hub appears to be 10mm.