pijje1

Inporting parts

Hi all

I looking to order a load of parts from RcMart and RcJaz to the uk have people been charged import duty from these or are they like stella ?? do I need to ask them to say it a gift or anything ?

cheers

Paul

Import duty isn't certain but random. Sometimes your stuff will get through without picking up extra charges. Sometimes it'll get stopped. If it's stopped you get the charges. My last Stella order got stopped and charges were applied. My last RCMart order didn't. That being said, every order I've done with USA sellers since late 2012 has been stopped by HM Customs & Excise. Every order I've done with Japan sellers has come in clean.

It really is a case of some you win, some you lose.

Larger items are more likely to attract 'attention'.

If you are ordering a lot of small parts it might be worth breaking your order up into several consignments to keep the value of each package down - I think if it is under about £18 then it should be exempt anyway. 

• Like 1

If you go to HM Revenue and Customs website it tells you exactly

what the rules are.

Its no good guessing as you may get a nasty surprise.

Better to be sure?

Alan

• Like 1

It also depends on who they use as a courier. If it's posted US postal service (USPS), it will be royal mail here or worse, parcelfarce, which will definitely charge you, plus £13.50 'clearance fee' for the privilege.

'Gifts' under £39 are tax free 😉

Hi guys 

Thanks for the info will place the orders and see it is only parts for my cr-01 build so not big kits this time round 

Now to see if any discount codes are about for rcmart lol lol 😂😂

Cheers 

Paul 

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have seen a few places offshore which look good but I have no knowledge of them and after asking around people i know haven't used them. Is there a thread of legit offshore suppliers anywhere?

In particular, www.rcjaz.co.nz is one site. They have some of the rarer kits, eg the DB01 hasn't been in NZ for years and rcmart are out of stock, but rcjaz have it in stock. Is rcjaz kegit?

Any others worth checking out?

I'll be honest...I am glad I live in USA.

I order stuff from China, Hong Kong, Japan, and never worry about import tax.

Of course with Trump in office I pray it doesn't change.

As I see China products like Japan years ago.

Everyone thought they were crap, but they are actually just as good.

Main ones being LiPo batteries and Drones.

On 18/02/2017 at 10:48 PM, Wooders28 said:

It also depends on who they use as a courier. If it's posted US postal service (USPS), it will be royal mail here or worse, parcelfarce, which will definitely charge you, plus £13.50 'clearance fee' for the privilege.

'Gifts' under £39 are tax free 😉

I bought the Jun Watanabe hornet from a Japanese hobby shop after always using Stella models and I never had problem with royal mail/parcel force! Said hornet came all the way from Japan then handed to the caring Hermes then it sat in one of their depo's for a week then posted over my gate (sorry did I say posted) no chucked over my back gate and apparently I signed for it<_<!! and as for yodel an eBay win a few weeks ago it's still sitting in a local shop (drop off point) but not MY local one and they are not sure  which one after me spending ages trying to actually speak to a human! So give me royal mail or parcel force because all they have actually done is delivered my items (which is what I want them to do)

29 minutes ago, moffman said:

as for yodel

They've topped the charts again this year!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2017/01/yodel-tops-list-of-worst-parcel-delivery-firms-again

Luckly, I've never had one of the 'budget' couriers handle any of my international orders, but the charity 'sandhopper' build I did send using myhermes (I think the M is pronounced as a P?) and that took 2 weeks to reach its buyer! 

To get any sense out of myhermes,(don't be silly and try phoning or email!)  try going onto the 'myhermes rants' page on facebook.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

They've topped the charts again this year!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2017/01/yodel-tops-list-of-worst-parcel-delivery-firms-again

Luckly, I've never had one of the 'budget' couriers handle any of my international orders, but the charity 'sandhopper' build I did send using myhermes (I think the M is pronounced as a P?) and that took 2 weeks to reach its buyer! 

To get any sense out of myhermes,(don't be silly and try phoning or email!)  try going onto the 'myhermes rants' page on facebook.

Don't get me started (make my blood boil) I had to take a back seat ( my daughter had to deal with this one) because I though my head was going to explode with yodel over Christmas I ordered my wife's Xmas present from John Lewis it turned up completely and utterly smashed to bits with the box it was packed in shredded to bits the yodel guy handed to my WIFE and said "this got to me like that so I've put it in a bin bag! your will have to contact John Lewis if it's not all their!" , so give me royal mail postie generally known his round and people!! (And I'm not a postie) sorry for going off topic pijje1 

• Like 1