Sign in to follow this  
Kalameja

Pearl White Hornet Build

After rebuilding my original 84 Hornet I've decided to tackle a second new Hornet build applying all that I learned from the first build. I'm sure I'll still make some mistakes and learn more throughout this build.

Your suggestions are welcomed and needed!

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

It's like Christmas morning!

That TEU-104 isn't going in this build. I put it into the first Hornet build. This build will have a TBLE-02s. 

While waiting for more transmission gears and parts, I think I'll get started on some paint.

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

• Like 1

Turned the bathtub into a paint studio. I'm sure setting something outside would be better but I'm in a loft and this is easier. The fumes are contained in the bathroom with the fan running. No need for a cheap headache high from polycarbonate paint!

IMG_0229.JPG

• Like 1

I seem to always rush the decals. But there is something to be said about free forming it. 

IMG_0233.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RcMadness74 said:

Wow, looking great, love those wheels and white paint. What are you going to run for a motor?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to put in the Tamiya RZ Super Stock 23T. 

IMG_0252.PNG

1 hour ago, RcMadness74 said:

That thing is going to screem

Should run with a NiMH no problem. Right?

The electrics should be fine - any ESC with a motor rating of 23T or lower can handle it, and not likely to melt a battery connector - but the Hornet is already reasonably fast with a stock 540 motor, or at least "sufficiently interesting" in handling. The car is rather light, so a 23T motor should give it a good turn of speed.

To the point, the motor will run with a Ni-MH battery without problems; I used such a combination without issue.

• Like 1

Although the super  stock RZ is a 23t motor it can hit 30,000 rpm & has a load of torque. It's one of my favourite brushed motors. 

I took it back out of my wild one as it was too much.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2017 at 11:46 AM, Static Age said:

Although the super  stock RZ is a 23t motor it can hit 30,000 rpm & has a load of torque. It's one of my favourite brushed motors. 

I took it back out of my wild one as it was too much.

Might have to add some weight to the hornet front end to aid in better handling. 

Tinkering around with paint and the driver while waiting for Ampron 3D printed suspension parts. 

IMG_0256.JPG

• Like 2