salvine

Biggest blunder of my RC career?

OK, maybe that's a bit dramatic. I just won an auction in Japan for a  whole lot of everything. I assumed I would be out bid but no.... Lots of vintage Tamiya and Kyosho parts that all look to be NIB. When all the crap arrives I'll get a good inventory and pass on what looks interesting here. One item of note is an old Kyosho outboard motor from sometime in the 80's I'm guessing. Lots of Tamiya motors (superstock type s) and some wheel/tire sets.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Driveforfun said:

This leaves open an excuse for the significant other at least..."I just bid on it...i didn't expect to win!"

I've just had to fess up to the wife with this excuse, as im not sure I can smuggle a bullhead in.......

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Driveforfun said:

This leaves open an excuse for the significant other at least..."I just bid on it...i didn't expect to win!"

I've tried that, it doesn't work !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Me too...... for some reason wife stopped asking or commenting on the stuff that's coming in.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Me too...... for some reason wife stopped asking or commenting on the stuff that's coming in.

Fortunately, my wife has finally taken this approach too. I'm also quick to point out to her that most packages to me are from China, where everything is $1.50

Less than 2 months into the hobby and I've already heard "you're really into this car thing huh?" Half a dozen times... 

Will be following this thread to see whats turns up 😀

• Like 5

Let me put my two cents worth in here, don't know where you live Munchbox, but I am sure my wife would love to start a support group for the RC widows :P I can see her point since there is NO Season that ISN'T RC season.  But put it this way, if she stands it(mine does, just....) then she is a keeper and you could use some other folks lines,"It keeps me out of the bars" or fill in the blank for other forms/places of not so great things/deeds. I too am intrigued with what you got from Japan

• Like 1

My biggest R/C Blunder is letting my wife, now an ex, know how much my collection is worth.  The day after she asked for a divorce she printed off my entire TC showroom and logged it as an asset.  This prohibited me from selling any stuff to help pay for my $20k in lawyer fees. She valued my collection at $32k and after a lot of negotiation we finally agreed on $15k. I ended up having to give her my real car and some cash just to keep my toy cars. So guys be careful what you tell your wives. 

• Like 6

On 2/20/2017 at 4:25 PM, Tamiyabigstuff said:

My wife didn't buy my reason for EBAYing the Bushy D...  "Its a Christmas present for our son!"  Oh well...

Terry

• Like 2

On 22/02/2017 at 0:10 AM, ALEXKYRIAK said:

I've always wondered if there are any wives on here into RC....      ;)

I'm trying to get a car for my Mrs. Like a Hornet or Grasshopper but she isn't having any of it. I did manage to persude her to play xbox with me so I have hope :)

On 22/02/2017 at 5:36 AM, Shodog said:

My biggest R/C Blunder is letting my wife, now an ex, know how much my collection is worth.  The day after she asked for a divorce she printed off my entire TC showroom and logged it as an asset.  This prohibited me from selling any stuff to help pay for my $20k in lawyer fees. She valued my collection at $32k and after a lot of negotiation we finally agreed on $15k. I ended up having to give her my real car and some cash just to keep my toy cars. So guys be careful what you tell your wives. 

Darn......

• Like 1

No wife, no kids, no problems. Also, all the RCs I want. :lol::P Actually, one problem, running out of space to store all this RC stuff.

• Like 3

I have to keep it downlow enough that she is ok that it's just one of many past times for when not out doing other things (I don't think she quite buys that) . Showed her hemistorms YouTube and  she now has it in her head that it is also a young blokes thing and plenty of cool dudes are into them so it's ok for the time being (thanks YouTube :lol:)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Theibault said:

No wife, no kids, no problems. Also, all the RCs I want. :lol::P Actually, one problem, running out of space to store all this RC stuff.

Just remember one thing Theibault, if you need space GO VERTICAL :P How do you think skyscrapers got invented??? GIANT JENGA game if you ask me. Enjoy while you can.

• Like 1

Biggest blunder...... selling most of my r/c 15 years ago and having to buy it all back and much more over the last eight or so years and spending a huge amount of money in the process. 

• Like 1

On 20/02/2017 at 5:07 PM, salvine said:

OK, maybe that's a bit dramatic. I just won an auction in Japan for a  whole lot of everything. I assumed I would be out bid but no.... Lots of vintage Tamiya and Kyosho parts that all look to be NIB. When all the crap arrives I'll get a good inventory and pass on what looks interesting here. One item of note is an old Kyosho outboard motor from sometime in the 80's I'm guessing. Lots of Tamiya motors (superstock type s) and some wheel/tire sets.

Be interested to see what motors appear :-)

Well, The box showed up. A little bit of everything from vintage foams to motors to tools to some TA03 parts. A bit overwhelming to sort and list to be honest

• Like 3

Hoping some photos and details are on the way for this BLUNDER of yours soon. Keep us baited and teased.