Sign in to follow this  
4ferraras

Ford Ranger upright question

Hello, got this off Craigslist and the right upright is broken. What is the difference between vintage and re release upright for the scorcher? Can I use a re release scorcher upright for this? The ball connectors for the re release day 4mm. That seems bigger than the vintage ones... not sure though... any help appreciated, I'm am ORV guy with his first SRB...:)

Thanks, John...

yep, the re-re's are bigger, as are the corresponding holes and ballraces that they fit into. If you change them out for a new set of uprights you will need to change both the ball connectors and the ballraces. I recommend changing the arms too but only because they're thicker than the vintage ones (especially when compared to the Mk.1 versions) and should be able to handle more abuse.

That's what I thought. I don't plan on running it so I was thinking about replacing with vintage parts to keep it original...I may buy the re-re parts for now until I can find a deal on vintage uprights. Does anyone have a set to spare? They're going for around $30 on fleabay. I didn't really want to spend that much...Thanks!

I bit the bullet and bought an NOS pack of uprights with the ball connectores for $23. I'll post pics when I get it fixed and cleaned

• Like 1