hoppi05

Stadium blitzer gearbox problem

Hi all I am in need of some help as I am a little stumped. My stadium blitzer stop today the motor was turning but drive stopped and I could hear the rubbing of cogs. I assumed I had done a pinion or gear etc when stripping it down and checking I found no real problem however when rebuilt it did the same? I think it is a diff problem because as you lift the wheels off the ground they do start to spin slowly as if there is very little meshing of gears.

Can anyone help with determining this with me and a possible fix? the car is like new and is not a re release. 

As you can tell I know very little about diff's and after getting back into RC the past couple if weeks I am struggling to recall my youthful knowledge on such subjects.

Cheers 

Have you checked to make sure the motor pinion grub screw is tight still? Not a lot to go wrong in there. If the diff is stripped you need to take the assembly apart by unscrew the thing. 

Only issue I have had inside the diff, the 3 pin piece that the bevel gears sit on had snapped, couldn't actually tell until I pulled it all apart and it all came out in pieces :lol:

Thanks guys the grub screw is really tight in fact I couldn't get it loose.... 

I have another old blitzer in the loft I will get that out today and do a side by side and a video if I get no where so you guys can see the issue. Thanks for the replies.

From my opinion, the diff itself should be bulletproof, provided it has been built as per manual with washers and all, and none of the 3 small screws are backing out. You should still check all its internal parts for breakages, anyway.

The pinion gear's grub screw should be treated with a dab of threadlock and leave 24 hours to dry.

Please make also sure the splines from the driveshafts and diff outdrives are intact.

If your car had been built by a previous owner, please check if that person used the correct gearset and gearbox case, it shouldn't be mixed up with Bearhawk parts. While being at that, also check the gearbox case for any cracks and wornout screw holes.

EDIT: Also please make sure you use the correct mounting holes for your pinion size.

Thanks GregM I will check all those tomorrow, the diff looked correct and had the washers etc it was built by the previous owner so I cannot be 100% on the parts but the do look correct. The out drive splines are a good shout cheers.

I will update tomorrow.