Sign in to follow this  
Mad Ax

OB1 Wireless trailer lights with Tamiya support legs?

Has anyone used the OB1 wireless trailer light kit with Tamiya motorised support legs?  I see the OB1 transmitter has a connection to J9 on the MFC for support legs, but I can't tell what this actually means on the OB1 receiver - is there an option for output to the support leg motor directly from the OB1 receiver, or is it just for lighting functionality?

My custom race trailer build has stalled because I don't know if I need to fit the rather ugly bulky mechanical switch box to the kingpin to operate the motorised support legs as per a normal installation, or if I can control the legs electronically from the OB1.  If I can go wireless then that's totes awesome, all I need to do is mount legs and motor.  If I have to fit the switch mechanism then I'll have to royally hack the front end of my trailer apart to make it fit.

I ordered an OB1 wireless kit a few weeks back but there's been a delay in getting stock so I can't progress with my project - could still be a week or two before I get my hands on an OB1 and I'm struggling to find a full manual online...

Well, my OB1 V3.1MFC/V3.1S combo finally arrived after what seems like far too long of waiting, and having read thru the instructions, I still have no idea :D

I think the link between the OB1 and the support leg servo is just to switch the V3.1S receiver on and off depending on if the legs are up or down.  So in theory you can unhitch the trailer and drive off without the trailer lights still blinking away to themselves.  I don't think there's a way (at least not an easy way) to operate the legs directly off the V3.1S receiver.

No bother - I've got a second OB1 setup on the way so I might hook everything up to my existing container trailer just to see how well it works before I start hacking up the kingpin on my Bruder trailer.  Full details will appear in my TGX project thread when I've made some progress :)