Pintopower

Ampro Custom Wheels - A lot....

I have people asking me all the time where I get the wheels on many of my cars. Truth is, I probably made them. This thread is a list of all the wheels I have made. It is disturbingly long. I will start with the one currently getting printed. This is a standard offset for the M chassis. It is a one piece wheels that is several parts that make the detailed elements of it easy to paint. When I clean it up I will show you what I mean. In the mean time, here is the M-Chassis Porsche Fuchs Wheel:

33053914452_d3fec4c82f_b.jpg

• Like 1

These are slot mags for most tamiyas with with 5 lug rear hub. These will fit basically anything with the 1.7" tamiya tires, front and rear. Rears come in two offsets, stock and +5. Fronts are either narrow or matching the rear. I went with a 4 lug as it appeared most slot mag beetles had the 4 lug hubs installed. Rims have separate lug nuts. I am painting a set now. These are in SLS Nylon:

33169286756_41071e1582_b.jpg

• Like 4

awesome, I may be able to use the porsche wheel.  I have a 997 body (the GT3 VIP one) that I want to use on a TT-01 or TT-02.  Not happy with any of the wheels out there right now though.  997 Sport Classic (Fuchs style) might be nice though.

I'd still love to have a copy of my old fifteen52 RML snowflakes from my old GTI. :)

32 minutes ago, khyzersoze said:

awesome, I may be able to use the porsche wheel.  I have a 997 body (the GT3 VIP one) that I want to use on a TT-01 or TT-02.  Not happy with any of the wheels out there right now though.  997 Sport Classic (Fuchs style) might be nice though.

I'd still love to have a copy of my old fifteen52 RML snowflakes from my old GTI. :)

Ah yes. I saw that but it looks like a pain to paint. 

Mr Pintopower

are you Tamiya?  You have made so much  great stuff. Not long now and your going to design a car from scratch and beat tamiya at its own game.

Keep up the great work man:D

wild

1 hour ago, wildwillhappy said:

Mr Pintopower

are you Tamiya?  You have made so much  great stuff. Not long now and your going to design a car from scratch and beat tamiya at its own game.

Keep up the great work man:D

wild

Haha, no I am not Tamiya. I am just here making the stuff I have always wanted. Many people have asked when I will be making my own car..I guess I should at one point....

Thank you again for your kind words. 

16 hours ago, chazekxt said:

any 2.2 wheels?

2.2 are buggy right? If so I have these that I made. The ones here are a direct bolt on for a Hornet or Frog but I also have some rears with a hex drive and two offsets and a front with less offset. 

15929937031_5141fa7722_b.jpg16062527940_f590159442_b.jpg

This is how they look on the inside:

16249073162_b19ddfc92c_b.jpg

• Like 1

Here are some 1.9 Vector Style wheels with a standard hex drive. Lug nuts are all printed in high detail plastic and installed after the wheel is painted. The RC4wd hubs are a very tight fit here and not recommended with the printed nuts. 

27044635650_e03775e5e5_b.jpg

15630113123_6f444e0353_b.jpg

Some turbine in 1.9+. They are 2mm in diameter larger than a standard 1.9 to fit without a bead lock. 

32667150061_dab252fbe7_b.jpg

32665663920_1208d76ef5_b.jpg

• Like 2

Hex drive wheel to match the front Wild One style wheel. 

26990463115_ba29c109ec_b.jpg
26990473045_370373b2d8_b.jpg

• Like 2

Wheel Insert for Willys Wheeler rim. This is a two part insert with ring and spokes that are separate for ease of painting. 

27551043434_85d8e67679_b.jpg

28809947326_9735a00f69_b.jpg

1.7's installed on FAV but they will fit anything that the stock Tamiya ones will fit. 

32846215010_a16be598b0_b.jpg

33187660436_0a0ca4f31e_b.jpg

• Like 3

Those Fuch wheels look sublime!    I wish a set were  available to fit the HPI Vintage tires. so I can use them with a Tamiya Porsche 73 RSR body.   The low profile wheel/tire combo that the kit comes with just doesn't look right to me. 

43 minutes ago, manny said:

Those Fuch wheels look sublime!    I wish a set were  available to fit the HPI Vintage tires. so I can use them with a Tamiya Porsche 73 RSR body.   The low profile wheel/tire combo that the kit comes with just doesn't look right to me. 

What do those tires look like? The Tamiya M series has 2 profiles available to alter the size if that was what you were looking for. I have designed these to be really simple to alter so I can usually make a new wheel in 5 min or so. 

I would like to have some Speedline Montecarlo wheels with 3 or 4 mm offset for my Lancia Delta...

Max

7 hours ago, Pintopower said:

What do those tires look like? The Tamiya M series has 2 profiles available to alter the size if that was what you were looking for. I have designed these to be really simple to alter so I can usually make a new wheel in 5 min or so. 

The HPI vintage wheels are actually 1.9 inch wheels but the front of the vintage tire has extra rubber to cover up the front of the wheel and make it look like a higher profile tire.

3822_3822_04p_800_600.jpg

3813_02.jpg

HPI2100 and HPI2135 are quickly becoming rare...  If used with the HPI adapters, they are a perfect fit for the Blackfoot/ORV vehicles.  I have them on all 3 of my ORV vehicles...

Dyable clones would be most welcome!

Terry

OH BOY, more great wheels and I was afraid to ask you for something else to make, but perhaps on this forum we will egg you on for them. I am after some Wheel nut "covers" if you will for the RM series wheels so if you want your Newman Porsche to sport some cooling fins instead of Lambo looking telephone dials, then all you do is pop on the cooling discs for a snug fit onto the locking nut. Idea you want to pursue?? You seem to already have the workings around it with the hub cover on the Fuchs and the "layers" for Willy's Wheeler, so I guess I shall donate a bare wheel for the work and measurement. I forgot you printed bodyposts for the M03 in the Fiat, any chance you can print some for the M04, YES they are different, if you need one of those again, I will donate for measurement and such.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:56 PM, Frog Jumper said:

HPI2100 and HPI2135 are quickly becoming rare...  If used with the HPI adapters, they are a perfect fit for the Blackfoot/ORV vehicles.  I have them on all 3 of my ORV vehicles...

Dyable clones would be most welcome!

Terry

Though I totally agree, wheels that big would be $40 or so EACH!!!! :(

On 3/4/2017 at 0:31 PM, wildwillhappy said:

ooooh like those on the FAV 

wild.

Thank you!

On 3/5/2017 at 9:08 PM, Crash Cramer said:

OH BOY, more great wheels and I was afraid to ask you for something else to make, but perhaps on this forum we will egg you on for them. I am after some Wheel nut "covers" if you will for the RM series wheels so if you want your Newman Porsche to sport some cooling fins instead of Lambo looking telephone dials, then all you do is pop on the cooling discs for a snug fit onto the locking nut. Idea you want to pursue?? You seem to already have the workings around it with the hub cover on the Fuchs and the "layers" for Willy's Wheeler, so I guess I shall donate a bare wheel for the work and measurement. I forgot you printed bodyposts for the M03 in the Fiat, any chance you can print some for the M04, YES they are different, if you need one of those again, I will donate for measurement and such.

RM series?Cooling discs? Tell me more. Yeah I would love to do all body posts. To me, the Tamiya parts sprues are a waste of money.

18 hours ago, Emperor said:

You should make Brat Wheels but With a HEX drive = $$$$$$

Haven't I? Man I thought I had. Let me look. 

You know, on those HPI wheels, I don't know, perhaps that could be the NEXT crusade activated by the sales of the RE RE MB and BF, I mean we got an MIP ball differential after all these years, we could just call up HPI and tell them how stupid they are for not making their classic 5 spoke Super Star wheels anymore and see where that gets us. :D

@Alberto, we will talk about the bodyposts. I don't EVEN want to get on my GIANT Tirade I had today in finding MORE ROTTING BROKEN PIECES on a SHELF QUEEN. ARRRRRRRRRGH to paraphrase Charlie Brown. I had it happen to my shelfer HotShot a dozen years ago, but that might have been more to my hand as I had used the Moly grease on the screw pins, THESE are on 90's tech M01 parts and there are screws fixing the car together, nothing fancy, nothing harsh or so I thought, but they are just CRACKING UP as I look at it and I am just putting bandaids on a gushing flesh wound, que dark knight from Monty Python. I was so made and dug through my bits and looked into my self on what I want to do with these things and frustrated because I wanted a model to display and pick up and look at and now it seems it needs to go into some cryotube or something with no atmosphere in order to preserve the *******ness that is the plastic. I mean, COME ON TAMIYA PLASTIC COMPANY, I thought you were on OUR side, but it seems you guys might practice PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE or something of the like. I could totally accept this with the boom of the 80s and the transition from alu base plates into bathtub chassis and the like, but by the 90's when you literally INVENTED the Mini chassis along with the TOURING Car craze, how could you make the plastic just give up while assembled. You could just keep us coming back for NEW TECH and neater body types and even other bodies from other car makers too, but NOOOOO, you can't let us retire our old racers and the like to have any dignity on the shelf, they need to languish in the dump with broken spring mounts and suspension arms snapped and steering blocks cracked in two and body mounts that are holding on via the luck of super glue because the screw boss is cracked into three pieces. UGGGGH, I am not through ranting about this, just for now.

I AGREE, WASTE of money to buy a whole tree of rotting balsa wood for ONE piece and discard the rest, because you can't even compost this stuff!!!!