So my new Hornet is together and read for a run. However, the transmission foes not sound right. Something has to be rubbing.  After inspecting it looks like to me that the "small bevel gears" are sliding up and down the their shafts and hitting the inside of the "differential spur gear".  Everything test well but when you slap the motor on the transmission is definitely making a sound it shouldn't  it does not have that characteristic Tamiya Hornet sound . 

I ordered all from eBay, is it possible I have the wrong gears? They look the same as my other hornet.  

Not it sure what's going on. Anyone experience to much play with the spur diff and bevel gears?  

Ek

If you have ordered and received Hornet gears then they are correct . Check that you have the axle alignment pin installed and the all important 5.5mm spacer that fits onto the axle shaft (see Hornet manual page 3) , and don't overtighten the rear wheel nuts

• Like 1

I think it my just be the higher torque motor that I'm using for the first time. And perhaps that I think the gears I received, even though they are correct for The Hornet, I don't think they are original Tamiya parts.  Not as precise as my original set.  

Ive tried the new Tamiya Super Stock RZ motor on each of my two Hornet transmission, one old and one new. The motor seems to make both louder.  Although the newer transmission is still a little louder than the old with the new RZ motor.