Sign in to follow this  
March75

Tamiya TBLE-02s motor choices?

Hi All, I have a couple of these ESC's now running stock brushed motors - I would like to go brushless but the Tamiya TBLM's are too expensive for my meager needs - looking for something cheap and cheerful...

What do I need to look for? I've found this on eBay that looks to me to be compatible - above 10.5T and sensored? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Best-Quality-540-13-5T-Sensored-Brushless-Motor-for-1-10-RC-Car-Auto-Truck-N9U1-/201712840494?hash=item2ef705af2e:g:epcAAOSwx2dYIZ53

Cheers, 

Simon 

Why take a punt on unknowns from China? It may be good, it may be duff and delaminate in a few hours. I wouldn't say it's cheap enough to be worth it. Some may disagree but if they were £12-£15 delivered it's not so high a risk.

Tomtop are a decent seller though and will dispatch from the UK. They seem to drop ship to themselves so delivery times are normally 7 days.

For a little bit more money but a much better motor with uk warranty and next day delivery speed passion from modelsport are imo, the best option.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/speed-passion-1-10-competition-mmm-series-13-5r-bl-motor/rc-car-products/368333

Some good sensored options on hobbyking shipping from the UK warehouse too but I think the speed passion is better vfm.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-trackstar-13-5t-sensored-brushless-motor-3040kv-roar-approved.html

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion - are these known to work with the TBLE-02s then?

Just looking for a simple setup - NiMH batteries only  - I seldom run any of my cars so just want to have a play really!

March, I am using the Trackstar motor that Prescient linked to on the TBLE-02S and it runs great in a TT02B on NiMH. Initially it was disappointing but then I changed to a bigger pinion and advanced timing on the motor and now it runs great. I've never used Speedpassion but heard good things.

If you don't run them very often then 13.5T would be perfect, they will seem plenty fast

• Like 1

I'm running a Trackstar 13.5T with a TBLE02s works perfectly. It's far from fast though, I believe that ordering the optional Fan kit for the TBLE-02s and getting a 10.5T would be the best thing to do. The Trackstar have adjustable timing so you can play with that setting.

Carl.

• Like 1

I run a Trackstar 21.5t with a TBLE-02 in my F103, and it is just as fast down the straights as everyone else. My mate runs the same in his, and wins with it.

If your competitors are using timing/boost then you'll likely be off the pace due to the TBLE-02's fixed timing, but in a fair fight against other ESCs in so-called "blinky" mode, you ought to be competitive with such a setup.