Sign in to follow this  
RedFrits

Parts list

Hi all,

Since several weeks I've been an enthousiastic visitor of Tamiyaclub.com. I've been using the database quit reguarly and i've got a question. Does anyone know where I can download a complete (that means since 1976) list of spare parts?

Greetz Maurits

I'm not sure one actually exists - not electronically anyway.

I've been searching for years and not found it yet. What you see on the club is a result of 'digitising' several old printed parts manuals - but each covered a different period and had 'holes' in it.

You also have different manuals, with different number listings/standards for different areas just to complicate things a bit more difficult.

I think the main pointer it doesn't exist is there isn't a searchable resource on any of Tamiya sites. If they had it electronically it would be a since to do.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

I found some cross references in pdf. Since I've got pdf writer I was able to select those parts and put them into excel. Problem is that with "old" parts these files are hard to find. What I'm planning to do is make a small but usefull Access based database to keep track of parts, your own cars, your own sparelist, etc.. Still, I'm going to build it and if you are interested I can keep you up to date on my prolongings (wrong spelling?!).

Maurits

Well, maybe somone should take this task upon his shoulders :) But you can't provide me with a list of somekind? I assume the online database is based on this data?

quote:Originally posted by netsmithUK

I'm not sure one actually exists - not electronically anyway.

I've been searching for years and not found it yet. What you see on the club is a result of 'digitising' several old printed parts manuals - but each covered a different period and had 'holes' in it.

You also have different manuals, with different number listings/standards for different areas just to complicate things a bit more difficult.

I think the main pointer it doesn't exist is there isn't a searchable resource on any of Tamiya sites. If they had it electronically it would be a since to do.

Cheers

Chris

id="quote">id="quote">

Its a big task, and also quite a draw to any site which hosts it. For this reason we don't give out the database we have to anyone as one list. Like the manuals we provide, it would just turn up on ebay after a short time with someone trying to make a quick profit out of our members hard work.

This is why we present it as a searchable database rather than a simple listing.

If you want to contribute to the list you are welcome though - we can take data in whatever electronic format - excel or access is ideal. The more info you can include about which models the part is compatible with the better for our users.

regards

Chris

One of the best lists is the old MRC order form. It shows # X7001 thru X10096, Y2010 thru Y6505 and SP1005 thru SP1327. It shows what car each part fits and the 1987 price for each. Makes me wanna cry when I see the prices.. X7001 clear radio box $16.10! SRB body kits $31.00. Porsche 959 body kit $45.90. If we could just go back in time.......We could..........buy stock in ebay or Microsoft. Jim

I understand the effort put into these kind of databases (trust me, I know!!). if I'll find and gather any sort of data, I'll let you know and share it with you!

quote:Originally posted by netsmithUK

Its a big task, and also quite a draw to any site which hosts it. For this reason we don't give out the database we have to anyone as one list. Like the manuals we provide, it would just turn up on ebay after a short time with someone trying to make a quick profit out of our members hard work.

This is why we present it as a searchable database rather than a simple listing.

If you want to contribute to the list you are welcome though - we can take data in whatever electronic format - excel or access is ideal. The more info you can include about which models the part is compatible with the better for our users.

regards

Chris

id="quote">id="quote">