Tamiya secretly announce a G6-01 chassis today. It was questioned if it was a April fools joke. 1/18th scale so maybe it's true. 

IMG_1954.PNG

• Like 4

Looks legit to me. Saw it on Facebook. Nice to see Tamiya being creative again with new releases. I'm wondering what the wheelbase would be if you removed the middle drive wheels? That could open up some possibilities as well...

Steve

A GF-01 with a WR-02 gearbox screwed on the back?

I still like it though, and it should be reasonably priced.

Edit to add, looks like a whole new chassis, and not what I thought originally.

Saw it earlier, thought it was a fake, but that's probably down to the dodgy drawing where the wheels seem in different planes.

34 minutes ago, tamiya3speed said:

I love it!  Crazy idea that is very Tamiya.  Looks like it will need a ton of ball bearings though!

My first thought when I saw it was that the bearing kit is going to cost more than the kit. I think it will sell like hot cakes though.

Looks like it is only one motor in it though driving all 6 wheels. It's going to need a lively brushless motor in it to make it 'go'.

Interestingly, the small print on the box says it can be made 4 wheel steering as well ....

I was just looking at this one. That lookes like a ton of fun. And a bit crazy too. Looks like a nice base for some crazy builds. 6 wheel Wild Willy jeep? Willys Wheeeeeeler... Bring it on Tamiya!

2 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

1/18th though :-(

Yes, but in the same way the Heavy Dump Truck is 1/24 scale - i.e. the subject matter is larger than usual. It's bigger (well, longer) than a 1/10 GF-01 kit.

• Like 1

The sticker dude with the weird talon like nails is apparently named Christy? I love this chassis but I would not paint this one box art lol.

• Like 3

Ahh very cool. I see possiblity of putting on a Mercedes G63 body and make it into monster G63 AMG 6x6.. could interesting with a powerful brushless motor.

mercedes-benz-g63-amg-6x6-for-gta-san-an

• Like 5

Ooh...or 1.9s and a Dakar truck body. Oh man, the wheels are already turning. All six of  'em.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Knight said:

Seems to be longer as a WT-01. Could be 290mm or longer, Maybe 313mm?

It says it's 420mm long  meaning its longer than most Tamiya buggies like the Hornet and even my seem to be longer DT03! 

49 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

It says it's 420mm long  meaning its longer than most Tamiya buggies like the Hornet and even my seem to be longer DT03! 

But only 1 cm longer than the Monster Beetle, and with an additional set of wheel squeezed in there. I am looking forward to seeing this in real life. 

Very very cool:D! In every way but one little criticism (just a tiny one) if that's the box art I'm thinking make the box white (clod buster, bullhead, lunchbox, pumpkin) then that would be Tamiya is back on track:D 

• Like 2