A volvo A40e would be cool, even if it doesn't pivot in the middle. But thats pretty much another dump truck.

Ha ha! I've seen the pictures. Yellow indeed, I should have guessed. Might have to get one of these.

Hmm. Interesting but not to my tastes. I prefer the custom shell my mate is building for his - a S.W.A.T. armoured personnel carrier.

1 hour ago, Kingfisher said:

Masking all of those windows does not sound like fun.

Hopefully that whole panel is just one big sticker, would suck if you wanted it any other colour than yellow though.

Never saw this coming... Well, I think whoever came up with this deserves a pay rise. Sure a US school bus isn't 6x6, and it isn't appealing to everyone, but it is another abstract wacky kooky left of centre Tamiya that will look a hoot scooting along the barren terrains. 

Now, how do I get another g6-01 past the missus....

• Like 1

I like it, although I'll be going a different direction with my G6.  Seems to be a fair bit of interest in both versions, it would be really cool to see a fleet of these in a support race at a track.

• Like 1

Now what we need is a routemaster body.

A big old red london bus body  on this would be awesome. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

I like it, although I'll be going a different direction with my G6.

Sounds interesting - what direction is that?

1 hour ago, shenlonco said:

BOOO no liking da bus! was hoping the next body would be something awesome! :angry:

Same here. Something 1/10 scale.

I personally find the first body much better, somehow the bus does not click for me on an oversized 6x6 chassis.

Very glad Tamiya somehow found (about 5 years late) about about standard car lipos and made the battery compartment accordingly. Your common hardcase 2S pack fits perfectly (and 6600mAh is not too much giving the car's weight and the inefficiency of brushed motors).

Just build it from the start with 4-wheel steering, or you'll get a new definition of a large turning radius. As a bonus, with 4ws you don't need large steeriing angle which require cvds instead of dogbones. In fact watch speed turns, it will oversteer and tip over.

My konghead is normal 2ws, steering radius is fine, it's even rolled when being too harsh and complacent while driving!☺

The bus body will roll and right itself much better (and survive better), although I still prefer konghead for looks!

Personally i think that looks flipping awesome. I really like it, and totally not a body i was expecting. I think it looks much better than the Konghead!

Perhaps they have already made the yellow bus parts or kits in their Philippine factory. I think it looks nice, the wheel color is somewhat monotonous though.

On 22/09/2017 at 8:38 PM, TurnipJF said:

Sounds interesting - what direction is that?

I have the front end of a very battered and abused Blackfoot shell.  And a liking for all things Mad Max.  That's all I'm saying for now ;)

Hello everyone.

I don't have a Konghead but I credit the truck for getting me back into the hobby in a really big way. Well, to me at least.

I built a bunch of 6x6 vehicles in the past but considered the Konghead to be somewhat deficient in the areas of all out performance- but don't get me wrong- I am actually really glad it's here. Now I no longer look like a freak with 6WD things... or at least I look like less of a freak :)

This was my answer to the Konghead, a project named 'Pickle Time', based on TLT-1 axles :

0Eq9WWA.jpg

A side view. I ended up leaving the sleeper cab just open like this for now. The electronics are arranged much more neatly however compared to when this pic was shot.

1nnrf3C.jpg

Pickle Time with one of his older brothers, Mammoet (based on the Jugg2/TXT-1 axle).

Pickle Time also happens to be about the same length as the Konghead (16") but uses the smaller TLT-1 tire.

PsQflQl.jpg

I tried addressing things that I did not like about the Konghead:

• Too much weight shifted towards the front of the truck. 
  • Lack of 6 wheel 'claw mode' steering.
  • Usage of giant centipede gearbox instead of solid axles.
  • Limited suspension travel.

Of course, Tamiya's target market is totally different than mine. Everything I have seen about the Konghead screams FUN and not 'old school monster'. That is actually a good thing.

In the end though I think I did pretty well. Here is a short video of the truck running (albeit indoors)...

Oh well. Just my 2 cents. I am probably going to give in and get myself a Konghead anyway.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 3

On 10/7/2017 at 2:01 AM, Pintopower said:

That's so awesome. 

Thanks so much! Pickle Time's probably had at least 50 packs put through it so far... and nothing major broken so either I've done something right... or am doing everything all wrong :)