No-one's admitted their age starts with a 5 yet then ?  Mine does, but only just.  Got back into this stuff 2 or 3 years ago.  No kids so can't blame them.

29. So far I win. xD

At the track there are a few early teens (11, 12ish), but once puberty hits they seem to quit. At the track I frequent most are late 20s at the least, and guys seriously into it are all 50+.

38 minutes ago, StrokerBoy said:

No-one's admitted their age starts with a 5 yet then ?  Mine does, but only just.  Got back into this stuff 2 or 3 years ago.  No kids so can't blame them.

We all have a mental age of "5" according to our other halves?

Gooney you don't know you're born yet lol ;)

36!. Got into it 18 months ago on a whim. Brought a kit as a novelty and found it relaxing and found the modding enjoyable. Got 3 now. I go away and come back to it when refreshed with ideas. 

• Like 1

43 unfortunately.  Same story, into RC as a kid, discovered girls as a teenager, then work got in the way.  Finally found a way back about 7 years ago with the re-re Hotshot.

I think one of the youngest members I've seen on TC is Grastens (if he is still on the forum) - his posts kept mentioning college and made me feel very old !!

• Like 1

Actually people shouldn't care about age, and just do what they feel like. Obviously I like RC's, which could be considered childish by some of my friends, that now believes knowing everything about red wine and wear suits fit their age better. The older I get the more I don't care. I live a fabulous life with my wife and kids, and spend my time and $ exactly as I like. Believe me I am also bringing up the average age, when I rip the skatepark on my skateboard.

• Like 4

43 here, grasshopper when I was younger  got back into RC 3/4 years ago when I got my daughter a lunchbox, then I got a frog, then I got a hotshot, then I got and so on:)

30 minutes ago, 73robb said:

I think one of the youngest members I've seen on TC is Grastens (if he is still on the forum) - his posts kept mentioning college and made me feel very old !!

He's still around ;)

20 hours ago, Saito2 said:

When I first joined back in the early/mid 2000's I remember most everybody seemed to be in their late 20's/early 30's. Now here many of us are in our 40's. It's funny how time flies. I figure I've been doing the Tamiya thing long enough now, that if I'm not doing it, I'm probably dead.;)

I know exactly what you mean. 2004, when I got back into it, is starting to feel like a long time ago. I feel nostalgic thinking about the heady days when absolutely every vintage kit & part was still widely available on ebay. And it's nearly 10 years since I started this thread...

Pretty soon I will have the 50s to start being concerned about... :ph34r:

• Like 2

34 and have owned most of my small collection since I was in my early teens. Chucked them in the loft once I got to 16/17 and other priorities took over but dipped in and out over the years.

The last few years my nephew has been well in to R/C and with LiPO technology finally giving decent run times, it now seems worthwhile making the effort to get the cars running well :) 

Another 45 year old. Cannot believe it has been 15 years since I stumbled across a 959 on ebay which triggered memories and then found TC.

Really must finish some of my projects that seem to have been going on since I joined!

• Like 1

I'm 48 and I'm having fun :) 

First car was a Sand Rover followed by a Willy's Wheeler and a Frog. Then the usual distractions - girls, cars, work etc. I was heavily into slot cars for about 10 years but that was getting stale. I'm not quite sure what prompted me to get back into RC but I'm glad it did - it was 8 or 9 years ago and the addiction is still going strong.

• Like 1

51 and having fun too. Few days more and I will be 52. I accept donations as birthday present, in cash or in goods, no problem :D

Cannot even remember when I started with the hobby for the first time during my younghood, and some years ago I came back with stronger feelings (and bigger budget). That's life though.

42 (all but a few weeks). Never really left RC but was definitely quiet in my 20's.

Always had at least 1 RC but realised when I got the Wildone when i was 39 that my heart belongs to Tamiya, The other brands are just not evocative (although Kyosho isn't bad) as they never really did 'moving models' like Tamiya, they are all more competition focused so they vehicles are all function with no form.

Carl.

Youngster here at 38, I've been into rc off and on since I was about 10 or so. During that time I've driven, flown and sailed but I always end up coming back to cars. I've got two cars from my youth my Kyosho optima mid custom special and my monster beetle. Everything else is either a re-re, newly bought or hunted down on fleabay 

21 hours ago, Buggyjam said:

36!. Got into it 18 months ago on a whim. Brought a kit as a novelty and found it relaxing and found the modding enjoyable. Got 3 now. I go away and come back to it when refreshed with ideas. 

I'll be 36 this year.   I didn't even have a hobby grade RC until I was my early 30s. I was previously into media and music (vinyl records were my hobby).   So when I was getting in my 30s, I thought it's high time I try doing RC flying again after my last RC plane did wingtip cartwheels and had a whole 30 seconds of flying time :lol:

So before I bought an RC plane, I saw many forum posts recommending you buy an RC car to learn orientation, i.e. vehicle coming at you with directions reversed.   And that was it.  I bought a Nikko touring car then an HPI Sprint 2 after I went to a drift meet.   After that I bought an F103 with Ferrari 412T1 shell and then the Tamiya Lancia 037 release hooked me.   All the while I really wanted the Lancia Stratos from HPI and got a Cup Racer chassis, mint but second hand. 

I'm now up to a dozen or so RCs, at least half are Tamiya of course B)

Just joined the 40 club. Got back into RC last Christmas when my dad said 'do you remember that Hornet car when you were a kid?'.....

Now I am building a Hotshot, Novafox, Egress, Monster Beetle, Top Force (on order), and an HB D413, with eyes on other cars....

Talk about totally over the top knee jerk reaction to a simple question....