Sign in to follow this  
Lhodgo

Kyosho Optima Motor

Sorry for the non tamiya question but any suggestions for an appropriate motor for the optima ReRe? I have a spare Tamiya RZ? Is that wrong?

I just put a tz in my re re monster beetle and this motor has plenty of torque and great top speed. 

I did a team Orion brushless with the ESC built in. It's a 17.5T, I've heard others running faster motors with no issues. Plenty fast for me though. Kyosho puts the same setup in some RTR vehicles. Also Kyosho just released a brushless re-creation of the Le Mans 240s. But if you want to go vintage, brushed, a classic Le Mans with the anodized case is the only true option.

15 hours ago, mugenbulldog said:

But if you want to go vintage, brushed, a classic Le Mans with the anodized case is the only true option.

Agreed! :)

29fayw6.jpg

• Like 3

Thoughts on the belt or chain drive? I'll probably try both but as a runner assuming the belt is the way to go and that the chain is nostalgic only???

I had an original kyosho's le-mans 360PT which was in my parents house it had been their since the late 80's when i bought it but never used it! but my parents house is the other side of the country so i put the Tamiya super modified 11turn motor in it until the le-mans turned up (which wasn't long) and it went like a rocket with the chain drive then i changed the chain for the belt and it was the same speed but a lot quieter (that Tamiya 11 turn is a cracking motor who need brushless;)) but it now has the 360PT in it for that retro feel! Now the tamiya 11turn is in my tomahawk and OMG it's quick 

IMG_20160430_130700.jpg

IMG_20161204_151119.jpg

IMG_20161203_232528.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lhodgo said:

Epic build. Went with my RZ in the end. Stuck with the chain too.

IMG_4044.JPG

Still on my to get list. Probably will during the summer to build when im on vacation. how is it woth the superstock?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lhodgo said:

Thoughts on the silver instead of white??

Looks good in silver very smart! I did copper then cut the yellow off the decals because it just didn't look right but silver does complement it;)!

20160508_133645.jpg

• Like 3

Here you see my Optima and im using a Tamiya Super Stock TZ in it.

IMG_0391.JPG

• Like 3

On 04/04/2017 at 4:42 PM, Pata76 said:

Here you see my Optima and im using a Tamiya Super Stock TZ in it.

IMG_0391.JPG

Cool looking indeed;)!, Are those Optima gold shocks? What and we're did you get the tyres from they will look cool on my avante me thinks?

The gold shocks are repro and the wheels are found on ebay, Louise wheels for the Traxxas mini E-revo 1/16, they are a straight fit.

• Like 1