xrmichael

Body Shell Painter Wanted

Is there anyone in the forum who for financial reward be interested in painting some body shells in box art colours preferably from the uk

frog

falcon

sand scorcher

I have wrecked 2 shells already it's just not my thing.

Michael

It would help if we knew what country you live in . That would be a good step for a start .

Hi,

How perfect do you need them to be? I think I've got a boxart Frog shell I'm not using - I didn't paint it, but from what I recall it looked ok. I'd be quite happy to do a swap for an unpainted or badly painted version if you like? I can take some pictures tonight if you're interested.

I wouldn't mind doing the Falcon, but I'd have to think about the Scorcher - they are a nightmare to mask up.

How quickly would you be looking to have these done?

Cheers,

Jon

ps: you can never wreck a shell by painting it - everything is fixable - just look at my Ranger shell for an example (not braggin' or nothing :lol:;))

Tamiya did make a factory finished Frog body available as a spare part - there are some on ebay USA site but would be about £75 - £80 with shipping.

I am in Sheffield.

The cars are going on the shelf so I need them not perfect but something like

i have managed to get a frog re re shell and wing so would happly swap or pay you to paint it, the falcon shell is a aftermarket and needs cutting out and painting I can do the decals

The sand scorcher had taken for ever to get to bits drilling out grub screws and re tapping, polishing seems never ending,  going to have to get some re re plastic parts and shell it was completely shot a very bad eBay purchase but it's been fun just need to re build it

This RC thing starting to be come a real obsession the wife's not impressed and spotted the RC10 arrive the other day.

My boys getting *******ed off I keep telling him we can run the next one but after a lot of work and expense it never happens.

Hi, 

i just had a look at my frog shell and it isn't good enough in my mind for a shelfer. 

I'm more than happy to paint up your Frog and Falcon shells for you if you like, but as I said, I'm not so keen on the Scorcher, but I'm sure there are plenty of guys here that will do a great job on it for you - if all else fails though, let me know.

i think most of us are in the same boat as you - I've got 4 that started out meant to be runners and have ended up shelfers, and my missus is rapidly loosing patience with all the parts in the post ;)

All part of the hobby though :) 

let me know if your interested 

Cheers

Jon

As long as the funds replenish through trade swap or disposal of unwanted cars. The wife doesn't grumble with me. If you were closer I'd happily paint the scorcher. SRB restoration is a favorite of mine. That and Wild Willy jeeps. Good luck on your quest. IBIFTKH is a talented builder painter perhaps reach out to him on the forum. He will relate to your family plight. His forum name translates to 

I

Bought 

It 

For 

The 

Kids 

Honest.