Hi guys I'm trying to find a good quality, high speed tyre for my WW2 rims. 

I thought I was onto something when I measured the outside diameter and found them to be 2.2" (56mm). I jumped for joy as I hit buy-it-now on some awesome ProLine Truck tyres. They arrived and don't fit. They went on way too easy and I reckon even the best glue won't hold them there. Not with a 3S compatible brushless setup, anyways... 

Upon further investigation the wheels are actually classed as a 1.9" (48mm) as they're measured from inside the rim where the bead goes and I'm having some seriously horrible luck finding a decent set of tyres. 

I'm after a micro knob or pin type rear and a wide ribbed style for the front. I would never have guessed this to be such s#@t of an excruciating exercise!! 

So back to the drawing board... 

😞🔫

Just buy some new 2.2 rims. Tamiya probably cheaper than aftermarket and will be the right offset.

Hex rear + bearing front sets.

You can fit a set of stadium blitzer (£12) / street rover / aqroshot front and rears or Blackfoot 2016/Monster Beetle. The slightly narrower fronts on the stadium blitzer size sets isn't an issue on pro-lines. 

It is the easiest way to get true 2.2s.

So there's no 1.9" tyres around is that what you're saying? 

Just getting a set of 2.2" is not what I'm wanting to do. I could of figured that out all by myself... 

Thx anyways. 

Stock tireshave a 2.0 id. As others mentioned to switch to 2.2 wheels will work. Just make sure you keep a similar outer diameter to the stock wheel that way the wheelie bar will make contact with the ground the way it's supposed to. 

Here is my Wild Wendy with KIng Blackfoot wheels shod with Imex claw dawgs

012406030.jpg

• Like 1

what about the StadiumThunder/Blitzer tyres, are they 2.0 or 2.2

T58482.jpg

i remember muscling on some Blackfoot/Bruiser tyre onto DynaBlaster wheels which would be same size as Blitzer

7 hours ago, WillyChang said:

what about the StadiumThunder/Blitzer tyres, are they 2.0 or 2.2

T58482.jpg

i remember muscling on some Blackfoot/Bruiser tyre onto DynaBlaster wheels which would be same size as Blitzer

rear are 2.2 by 2 inch

front i believe are 2.2 by 1.75, standard 2.2 inch buggy rear tyres fit the front wheels nicely