Longrev

What car is this?? Stumped

eh? 

No you cradle it in your left arm and your left fingers curl around the far edge, index finger should fall onto the springloaded lever... that's ch2.

afaik unless somebody's done some DIY mods (VERY LIKELY!! haha) shouldn't be a knob up top... if it's a trimpot perhaps it's a dualrate (reduces steering max throw), if it's a 2-position switch it'll be for servo reversing typically... those were the commoner DIY mods back then.

We also own a black version of that box, it was 3-channel... 3rd channel was a ratchety non-spring-centering lever located under the throttle lever.

Parma was big in slotcars and along the way ppl used to repurpose their slotcar controller into a pistol trigger mod for T2F :) eventually Parma sold it as a DIY hopup kit.

1811367cs97scbs2q7xpcq.jpg

If it's a big knob on top, perhaps a Mike Tobey mod? He's Mr CRP.

crp_11.jpg

Talking of which, did you glean any information from seller as to who the original owner father was?

• Like 2

Ya it has the knob on top...  Figured it was the spring loaded switch..  I can't wait to mess with it and get it going..  if you zoom in you can see the knob on the top..  The guys last name is Gill.  It was his father's cars..

DSC_0027.JPG

Ya it has the knob on top...  Figured it was the spring loaded switch for throttle...  I can't wait to mess with it and get it going..  if you zoom in you can see the knob on the top..  The guys last name is Gill.  It was his father's cars..  It says modified  2 m on top..

I saw that mod with the Parma controller when doing research on the TX..  funny because I have a large collection of slot cars also..  :lol::lol:

45 minutes ago, Longrev said:

I saw that mod with the Parma controller when doing research on the TX..  funny because I have a large collection of slot cars also..  :lol::lol:

Nice... are these "home size" slotties or the old 1/24s where most ppl couldn't have their own tracks..?

T made some slotcars pre RC too afaik... very rare, their resales make vintage :wacko:RCs look cheap 

They are the HO size slots..  quite a few thunder jets...  And the Tyco US1 trucking set...  And some other older slot cars...

9 hours ago, Longrev said:

Ya it has the knob on top...  Figured it was the spring loaded switch for throttle...  I can't wait to mess with it and get it going..  if you zoom in you can see the knob on the top..  The guys last name is Gill.  It was his father's cars..  It says modified  2 m on top..

My guess is that it is an aftermarket dualrate for the steering. Quite common for these transmitters. Retro-fitted EPA for the throttle/brake on these transmitters was mostly mechanical (alu plates with oval slots for the screws that secured them on either side of throttle and brake).

It RUNS!!!:D. Just had to do some cleaning up of contact points for transmitter batteries and the wiper arm for speed control and away she went.  It was quick with the nice and then I put a 2 cell lipo and it is perfect.. Thanks for your help guys..  

• Like 1

As I was looking at the other parts I have, I am going to try and put together that other car and get it going..  Should be fun...

Here is the next project..  ugh where to start??   I guess getting the suspension figured out...  Second pic is the other car with the hot rod body on it..

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

Here is the next project..  ugh where to start??   I guess getting the suspension figured out...  Second pic is the other car with the hot rod body on it..