Bargey

1984 frog rebuild

Hello all , quick question whilst rebuilding my frog ( bought for me 33years ago when I was a snotty 10 year old ) 

im replicating some bits and getting majority all back to factory , does anyone know the steel antenna length ? I'm making a direct replacement at work . Anyone help ??

hello

its 250mm hole to hole,but needs to bit longer to go through and bend and hoop at top.so i would cut wire at 270mm and add the bends.

• Like 1

Hi mate , thanks for the reply I will get those made today . Just body shell to buy and paint and the frog is back in business 

• Like 2

Nice, I just bought a frog as well that needs some love. I'm not sure if it is original or a re-re.

It has the antenna's missing as well, but £7 each on eBay is a bit much for pence worth of metal :(

I can't blame you for making your own. I don't have the time to do that.

Made my aerials from welding rod and you would not be able to tell the difference . Every penny saved and all that . It's almost finished so pics will follow 

• Like 1

Looks much better than mine which is a rere and looks 30 years old. Yours is pretty good for the age.

Thanks mate . It was bought for me in 1984 and all I have bought new to get it back to good is new motor , body shell , paint and tyres . I bought another servo but kept it the same as original , otherwise it is all the same bits since 84 

also rewired the original speed controller 

• Like 1

i had to use new version body and decals but happy with the result . The original speed controller was a must . Wanted it near to original as poss . Even done the wheels off-white same as back in the day . Chassis is discoloured but I kinda like that 

Nice work. Soft spot for frogs. 

Here the resto i did I did a little while back. 90% original parts as well :)