Sign in to follow this  
rroodd

NIB Hornet Rerelease - $100. out in december :)

Guys,

Recieved my Hornet new front & rear tires in the mail today..!!!

Bought from JR-RC (ebay) and listed as "Spares for the Re-release Hornet".

They definitely are the genuine 'All Weather Super Gripper's', and Smoothee front's - wow, how nice & soft the rubber is.!!!

Starting to think I shoulda got 10 sets...... (only $9.50 a set!!.)

I now have 0% doubt of the re-release's reality. [:D]

Rod.

Ok, who wants to come round to my place and show off their new Hornet (ah the 'ol days)

Bring on the stock Hornet racing!

BTW I;m in Australia so ask your mum if you're allowed to come over that far :)

Translation of the Japanese. Sorry if a bit ropey:

Debuting in 1984, the RC hornet - the car that produced the boom of 2 WD off road cars - has returned in it's original form. Utilizing the light weight design of the original model, this RC assembly kit does not care where it runs - either on road or off road.

Total length 400mm, total height 150mm, width 230mm, built weight 874g.

Made from high grade plastic in all components from the suspension arm to the gear box, bath tub chassis etc and being lightweight, it maximises body rigidity giving a strong model.

Suspension on the front is a swing axle independent system damped by coil springs, the rolling rigid rear axle is supported with oil damper units to absorb heavier bumps. The design keeps sand out of the gearbox and the direct vent system on the gearbox allows air to pass in and out but shuts out the invasion of the small stones which could enter when driving off road. Inside is a differential gear which allows smooth cornering.

Front wheels feature the classic grooved tyre and the rear wheels have superior traction with high grip spiked tyres installed. As for the body, it's polycarbonate which is strong enough to survive light shocks.

Chassis construction - the bumper is made of a special resin. Front suspension is of swing axle independent type supported by friction dampers. Front grooved tyre is hollow. Wheels are 3 piece type with fitted bearings at the front and adjustable via ball adjuster steering tracking position. The ABS resin chassis is of the bathtub type which has high strength as is the side bumper. Needs steering servo (sold separately), receiver (sold separately), 7.2v battery (sold separately). Speed controller (sold separately). 540 type motor and oil damper unit for the rear suspension included as standard. id="blue">

Note the kits sold in Japan won't include the speed controller, whereas those sold in the UK will.

Neil

quote:built weight 874g
id="quote">id="quote">

That shows its power, which is that sometimes less is more! [8D]

That's why they were always extremly fast at even terrain and unbreakable, low mass => fast acceleration and low impact forces.

Cheers

I'm extremely jealous of all you Hornet fans. I never had a Hornet (or Grasshopper) so I have no connection or real desire to buy one. I just hope they follow this up with some more re-releases (Frog, Fox, Hotshot ?? - please!!!)

Hey Neil, thanks for the translation...hang on a minute...- how would we even know if you spinnin' us some jibberish......!!![;)]

Onya mate,

Rod.

I was just checking out the link to Rainbow Ten. Has everyone else seen the airguns they sell????

How crazy realistic are those? - do you think my Hornet would be a little delayed in customs if I ordered a replica Desert Eagle with it......hmmmm maybe just a little....or more like forever whilst they investigate this arms dealer they have stumbled across :)

http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/news/h...aruihandgun.htm

Still they look like fun nonetheless <devious smile creeps across my face> muhahaha!

Tamiya-rc (on ebay) just listed one for $99.00 US. I also have information from Rainbow 10 that I will post shortly.

Sorry, the tamiya-rc listing number is 5941406647, if anyone is interested. Rainbow 10 information to come soon.

This is one is interesting to see the difference between the old packaging and the new

no live links

Here is what Rainbow Ten responded to me with:

If you place pre-order before 8th Dec, we will offer 20% off sale discount.

Please note the postage is just an estimate calculated by similar kit. There maybe slight difference from actual postage.

Please read how to order:

http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/howtoorder.html

We will proceed with your order under the following terms & conditions:

http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/nondelivery.htm

If you wish to place an order, please fill out the following order form and send it to the ORDER ADDRESS at;

<order@rainbowten.co.jp>

---------------Copy & Paste from here----------

Customer number:

E-MAIL ADDRESS:

Name:

Street:

City:

State:

Zip:

Payment Method: VISA MASTER AMEX PAYPAL

Card number:

Card expiry date (YY/MM):

Delivery Method:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

TYAMIYA 58336 1/10 RCC HORNET (RE-ISSUE) 9800YEN

Comment:

Currency Converter:

http://www.xe.net/ucc/

SHIPPING:

Delivery method & cost(estimated for 3 kits):

A) SAL - 8350yen

:) AIR - 11650yen

C) EMS - 9600yen

---------------Copy & Paste End-----------------

A) SAL usually takes 2-6 weeks. (Not insured)

:) AIR takes 1-2 weeks. (Not insured)

C) EMS takes around 5 days.(Insured, Restricted delivery, Tracking Web <http://www.post.yusei.go.jp/english/ems/index.html>)

I seen that one too Image, but wasn't the $99 the starting bid? Who wants to bid on a kit that everyone will sell?

You guys have to wait probably at least a month after the Hong Kong guys start selling the kit before they will show up at Tower for sale (not preorder).

Geez, Mr. Tamiya-RC must be at the Japan factory standing at the end of the Hornet assembly line with his arms out collecting the kits as they come off conveyor belt..

No thanks, just wait 1 or 2 weeks when they are $109.99..[;)]

LOLOL..!!!

Gixer, you crack me up...[:D]

Yes, he does seem to be 10 steps ahead of everyone else in getting his stuff... Must be some connection there...

Maybe he's doing a deal with the factory cleaners of a nighttime....

Rod.

quote:
Originally posted by Gixer Jay

Another new Hornet just popped up on the Bay.. Item number: 5941412926

CHEAP,CHEAP,CHEAP[
:D
]

id="quote">id="quote">

kee02167 obviously didn't know about the re-release or just plain couldn't wait - (s)he's just bought it off the top for US$220

quote:
Originally posted by Gixer Jay

Geez, Mr. Tamiya-RC must be at the Japan factory standing at the end of the Hornet assembly line with his arms out collecting the kits as they come off conveyor belt..

No thanks, just wait 1 or 2 weeks when they are $109.99..[
;)
]

id="quote">id="quote">

In Japan they supposedly have very controlled supply chains. In each industry suppliers tend to only sell to retailers they know and have dealt with. Rather than selling to the highest bidder on the day or shifting stock via unknown retailers. Seems crazy I know, but then again most of their games shows are pretty crazy too.

quote:
Originally posted by DJTheo
quote:built weight 874g

id="quote">id="quote">

That shows its power, which is that sometimes less is more! [8D]

That's why they were always extremly fast at even terrain and unbreakable, low mass => fast acceleration and low impact forces.

Cheers

id="quote">id="quote">

Yeah, it's all in half-m-v-square... Simple physics show the stength. Sadly, after The Fighter Buggy series now the breed seemed to have died somewhat - well, untill this stunning release that is. But still it's a bit dying as far as further development goes. But then again - what's there to develop? [:P]

Theo, I don't I need to tell you what you should do. [8D]

LOL

This is what my LHS told me about stocking The Hornet

quote:The re-released Hornet will cost about 60 - 70% more than the current Super-Hornet. This fact, together with the need to stock another range of spare parts, means that the old Hornet will not be a part of the range offered in Australia.

Cheers

id="quote">id="quote">

I wonder why the percentage of sales going online and away from traditional shops is sky-rocketing???

These days I only go to the shops for bread and milk, everything else is bought online!