Sign in to follow this  
rroodd

NIB Hornet Rerelease - $100. out in december :)

quote:
Originally posted by TWINSET

The 'dodgy stuff' has started [
;)
]

Bit suspect?

id="quote">id="quote">

Aww,

Don't say that. If it is dodgy, I just did my dough.

Bought a new fox bodyset from this guy, have emailed him a couple of times about tracking details with no respone. I'm getting a little worried, but then JR and Tamiya RC aren't the best at communication either. Supposed to be shipped EMS, how long should I wait before I make waves?

Cheers,

Drew.

Dunno what shipping is like down there fella, but if I hit it just right, I can get stuff from Japan and Hong Kong in the same working week via EMS.

I bought a lens from Hong Kong a few weeks back, and it did HK-UK in 56 hours (starting from when I sent paypal)!

Last time from Tamiya RC it took approx 5 days, I'm at 7 now and a bit concerned after seeing your post, especially given I am getting no joy with email contact[:(!]. Trouble is, I offered some cash to end the auction early which, though everyone seems to do it and it was on his posting, appears to be against ebay polocy and thus I don't think I will be covered.

I might be pleasantly surprised and the goods may turn up, but I should have stuck to my policy of no feedback = no bid (I just wanted that fox bodyshell).

Cheers,

Drew

i stick with jason if i buy from japan...some of his prices are more than others....but i know ill get my package.....ive bought several buggys from him on the side with no problem also....

i bought fromtamiya rc before...hes been selling forawhile i dont think he will mess anyone over

No-no its not Tamia RC or JR I'm concerned about its this one:

I have only had good experience dealing with Tamiya RC $ JR. Other than they are not great at responding to emails.

Drew

James, Sorry I sniped the last two with the $31.00 shipping for Gixer and I. There will be more, just keep your eyes glued to Ebay.

Good luck!

Jay

quote:
Originally posted by Drewboyaus

Aww,

Don't say that. If it is dodgy, I just did my dough.

Bought a new fox bodyset from this guy, have emailed him a couple of times about tracking details with no respone. I'm getting a little worried, but then JR and Tamiya RC aren't the best at communication either. Supposed to be shipped EMS, how long should I wait before I make waves?

Cheers,

Drew.

id="quote">id="quote">

Drew,

I bought a Fox bodyset from n-trans a while ago, he's good for it.

- James

G'day James,

The problem is it aint n-trans that I've purchased from, its jhobbytokyo. Appears to have exactly the same syle of listing. Don't know if this guy is from the same place or a fraud using n-trans' listings. Or are they one in the same? My concern is that I've bought the same body set you did! [:(]

You'll notice both of them say JHobby at the beginning of their custom listing. I wonder who's copying who. [?]

Where are these $31 shipping prices..? I just paid the $45 for mine. Oh well, at least it's on it's way. Should arrive 'anytime baby'...

[;)]

BTW - Drewboy... I've got a NIB Fox body set to sell.... Think I'm only 4 hours north of you. Let me know what happens with this other one you've purchased...

Thanks mate,

I'll let you know as soon as I do. I can't get him to reply to emails which doesn't look good for me. I'll wait another few of days before going completely mental.

Fair few Aussise around this site now.....maybe there's a thread in that?

Are you in Albury-Woodonga?

Cheers,

Drew

quote:
Originally posted by Drewboyaus

Thanks mate,

I'll let you know as soon as I do. I can't get him to reply to emails which doesn't look good for me. I'll wait another few of days before going completely mental.

Fair few Aussise around this site now.....maybe there's a thread in that?

Are you in Albury-Woodonga?

Cheers,

Drew

id="quote">id="quote">

Quite a few Aussies indeed, especially around Melbourne - I'm in Sydney. Looking forward to picking up a couple of Hornets when the initial rush subsides...

- James

Well here we go my first post, i've followed this one with interest.

Anybody know how much the customs man will sting you for this?

It's just i've found a place with preorders for this in UK for £100 inc del but no firm release date yet (jan-feb 2005).

Mate, I assumed you'd be in Newcastle.

Yeah, nothin' better for us Melbournians to do on all those cold days we get than sit inside and build model cars!!!LOL[:D]

Does anyone know if Jason will be listing any more Hornet Kits?? I really like dealing with him.....I got a Tamiya Vintage king Tiger from him once..shipping was $90 USD...I got it in 3 days( I live in the USA) and It was HEAVY......Worth every penny.....Packed perfectly......I will buy from him anyday....

LIST MORE HORNETS[;)]

I've seen a few more Hornets listed on the Bay, but shipping is $50 dollars or more.[V] The ones with $31 dollar shipping were sold very fast.

I'm not too pressed right now, I'm sure there will be an abundance of them shortly. And maybe I won't have to pay those crazy shipping fees. Besides, I've got my eye on a few other kits right now....[;)]

eventually these will make it to the states. when they re-release the M3 the HK price and shipping was insane. Now I can walk into a LHS and get one for about $100

Hey people! know I'm a bit late entering into this topic, but WOW! how cool that they re releasing the Hornet, virtually unchanged!

Nice to see spares will be availiable too.... So at least we'll bw able to use them[}:)]

As previsouly mentioned, I wonder what else Mr. Tamiya might be thinking of re releasing?[?][:P][:P]

So many great kits -so little money[:(]

EMS SHIPPING!!!

EMS shipping is really unnecessary, you can do regular shipping just fine.

EMS just way more expensive, regular airmail would be good enough.

quote:Originally posted by ideal2k

EMS SHIPPING!!!

EMS shipping is really unnecessary, you can do regular shipping just fine.

EMS just way more expensive, regular airmail would be good enough.

id="quote">id="quote">ems is pricey but great......specially for someone like jason that ships alot of packages daily......it gives him security and he doesnt have to worry if someone doesnt get there package.plus i dont mind to spend a little more to get something fast.

Tamiyamandan Posted - 09 Dec 2004 : 19:23:20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your lucky Jim (Shodog) I can't walk into a hobby store and buy any Tamiya R/C anything.......

I need to move....LOL

I am in the same boat as tamiyamandan

local shops in az just don't carry tamiya kits.

It's mail order or nothing.

Bill