Janner

When you give a 6 year old a Grasshopper....

So I bought my 6YO son a GH for Christmas as he wanted a radio controlled car and I didn't want him to have a £50 piece or crap that gets binned the minute it beaks. So I bought him a Hopper. That inner child also spoke to me and a few days later i got a Hornet for my Birthday. I have since bought a Hotshot 2 to restore and a Super Hotshot project to build and now a Frog. Also my 3 other kids wanted one so they each have a Neo Fighter for Christmas already waiting for me to build! So we now have a house full of Tamiya! The Frog is for my daughter and now I just need to convince the wife to get one lol. Anyway heres what happens 3 months later to a GH in the hand of a 6YO :)

Before & After.

I'm quite impressed how robust it is. We have been doing 2 metre drops and some huge jumps on a BMX type track and only the rear springs have popped off.

IMG_5654.JPG

image1.JPG

IMG_5721.JPG

• Like 4

Great story, and very similar to whats happening here. Except my son didn't know about radio control cars until he got one...but apparently its never too early to start, the local track runs a kids class and they have up to 15 kids from age 4 racing.

• Like 1

Ah thats good. I agree, very good for kids to get into! My local track here looks like it's all Nitro cars so I'm a bit reluctant to take my boy there in case he is run off the track. He is quite a shy little sole.

• Like 1

The Grasshopper looks great! at least it looks like a lot of fun was had making it look that way. My 8 year old drives a Super Fighter and my 3 year old loves bouncing his Lunchbox off everything. I still can`t convince my wife to buy one yet though .:wacko:

58e15e11e562b_20170101_123517(2).thumb.jpg.bd1b13ff5b1e317165841e76045cb18d.jpg

Both kids are surprisingly good at crawling!

• Like 1

@Maelstrom That is awesome. The super fighter is a good little buggy. It's funny you should mention the Lunchbox as I I was thinking of getting a Monster Beetle or Lunchbox as they look quite clumsy and good fun. Especially for a child to use. I've never thought of crawling for my lad. May be a good option seeing as the slower speed will help with co-ordination. Judging by the state of his car I think he needs that :)

Oh the 3rd pic didn't load on my edit originally. Thats a shell with MCI decals.I'm thinking to good to let him run lol