Janner

Hotshot 2 question - Access Cover Guide and parts wanted

HI all,

I've nearly finished restoring a HS2.

It came to me without the Metal Access Panel/door, Plastic Access guide and the body mount for the shell.

I'm trying to source a replacement Access guide, which I think I have found.

Is this piece attached to the chassis and then you have to snip it off?

The vintage manual I have isn't very clear.

I'm also after the metal access door and body pin if anyone has these parts please.

I've put a screenshot of the manual. (I hope this is allowed) hoping someone can help me.

Many thanks

Janner

HS2 access cover.png

The access cover guide is definitely attached to the chassis, so unless someone has a spare this will be tough to come across independently. The chassis for the Hotshot re-re is the same as the HS2, so it is always available if you purchase a new chassis.

Access cover guide is also available from the Hotshot re-re unless you can find a member to supply you with a vintage one :D

If I recall correctly, the body mount post is long and as a result somewhat unique. I believe this can be replaced with Tamiya part #9805092 from the Wild One re-re, but would be great if someone else can confirm.

Good luck! Love the HS2!

To me, the access cover guide should be detached from the chassis and screwed on to the access cover.  As you can see from steps 32 to 40 of the manual, the access cover guide is not attached to the chassis, while the guide appears on step 41, when it is now underneath the access cover.

I also bought a Hotshot 2 parts car recently that i am about to restore.  Just curious, are there any areas that need to pay attention to during the restoration?

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:22 AM, frameskip said:

The access cover guide is definitely attached to the chassis, so unless someone has a spare this will be tough to come across independently. The chassis for the Hotshot re-re is the same as the HS2, so it is always available if you purchase a new chassis.

Access cover guide is also available from the Hotshot re-re unless you can find a member to supply you with a vintage one :D

If I recall correctly, the body mount post is long and as a result somewhat unique. I believe this can be replaced with Tamiya part #9805092 from the Wild One re-re, but would be great if someone else can confirm.

Good luck! Love the HS2!

Thanks for your help frameskip. I have found a HS2 chassis but was a bit reluctant to buy the whole chassis just for the plastic access guide!

I suppose I could use the chassis for a HS build seeing as I will want one of this in the future.

Tamiya part #9805092 looks like it will do the job, so thank you :)

The HS2 is a great looking car!

8 hours ago, Garyrc01 said:

To me, the access cover guide should be detached from the chassis and screwed on to the access cover.  As you can see from steps 32 to 40 of the manual, the access cover guide is not attached to the chassis, while the guide appears on step 41, when it is now underneath the access cover.

I also bought a Hotshot 2 parts car recently that i am about to restore.  Just curious, are there any areas that need to pay attention to during the restoration?

Hi Garyrc01, I thought so - thank you.

My HS2 looks like it has never been outside. It is spotless. I did have a few parts missing though, like the battery door, shell/wing & wing mount along with the other parts I have mentioned above. The battery door is particularly rare (I managed to find 2!), but most people who run these use the triangle shaped door from a HS and you can also get the SS/SHS under guard to fit. Nothing that bad restore wise-drive shafts were quite thin (one of mine was bent - causing wheel wobble) so can bend easily and some wheel hubs may split because plastic is brittle (I had 1 that was gone - replaced with vintage) so all quite easy really. I also had to source a repro shell and decals (insane prices for originals if you can find them). It's a cracking car, better driver than the HS but just not as good looking or nostalgic for some collectors. I also have a Super Hot Shot I am building (parts car like you) and they are pretty easy to build. Just take a good look at the gearboxes if yours was a runner. You can still get these parts on ebay or from sellers here at TC.