Sign in to follow this  
SNAKEBITE

Rising Fighter - Steering Rod Parts?

Does anyone know where I can get new steering rods for a Rising Fighter please?

These are the metal threaded rods that connect the servo to the steering joint on the wheel hub.

Either separately, or the parts bag they come in.

My son has bent one, and whilst I have bent it back it is weakened and is affecting the steering on the car.

Many Thanks..

Isn't the mad bull and righter the same chassis? If so you can get the arm kits here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-Mad-Bull-58205-Steering-Arm-Bag-9415376-19415376-New-UK-/262915922233?hash=item3d37029939:g:QzMAAOSwOyJX8rw~

If you mind me asking did you notice the steering acting sloppy? The missus has just finished her Mad Bull (similar chassis) and the kink between the servo and arms has a fair bit of play in it.

Not the same chassis.

Please have a look in the manual PDF, found at Tamiya USA:

https://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-kits-30/off-road-buggies-36450/rc-rising-fighter-58416

At the end of the manual, you'll find all spare parts.

The sloppy steering on the Mad Bull however is a different story. Use heat shrink tube for reducing play in the z-linkage found on the central steering boss. Or do a balljoint conversion. But the sloppyness will return someday due to the bendy plastic steering rods, the steering boss not being ball raced, and the suspension arm mounting pegs wearing out in the front bulkhead.

when this occurred on my Rising Fighter I just installed and cut to length 3mm threaded rod with suitable ball connectors (Tamiya parts)

I haven't got the part no. to hand but I could post later if it would help

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys.

I've gone and ordered "Pack A" which (hopefully!) contains the rods.

I'll end up with a good few other bits, but that's not a bad thing really is it!

Wilsonian, no worries.

With so many Tamiya cars bearing "Fighter" in its name (Sonic Fighter, Voltec Fighter, Fighter Buggy RX, Mad Fighter, Rising Fighter, Super Fighter G/GR, Fighter Buggy SV, Neo Fighter Buggy, Fighting Buggy, Racing Fighter, is there one I forgot?), it's no wonder there'll be confusion.

Snakebite, parts bag A sounds good to me. And there'll be times when you'll be glad you have some spare screws and other mounting hardware leftover. When you put on the new rods, please check if they hit the chassis when the front dampers are under full compression. If they indeed do, some rubber or plastic tubing added to the damper shafts between the cylinder and the lower rod ends will aid you in limiting the compression.

Cheers, GregM

• Like 1