Sign in to follow this  
Ann3x

Ebay - Watch Out

Looks like a spate of fake listings from Chinese sellers are on ebay at the moment for some very collectible items, targeting the RC market and specifically Tamiya cars.

These are the hallmarks from the listings I've seen so far:

• Crazy cheap price
  • Exact copy / paste of a recent genuine listing
  • Many copies listed at the same time
  • New seller with 0 feedback and keyboard mash name

I think these have only started recently but if you're buying from ebay be extra careful atm, I can see that a bunch of these have already sold so people are being scammed.

Some examples (HEALTH WARNING - these are almost certainly scams, don't buy it now.... just don't!):

Ofc moral of the story is too good to be true probably is too good to be true....

• Like 1

I have done, problem is they are all different users. I've reported all the ones I can spot but the listings are still up. I expect he can create them faster than ebay can remove.

I noticed these yesterday:angry:! And I've just reported them to eBay! Don't know if it will do any good but we can't have low life scumbags doing this because it dent's confidence in buying on the site!:angry::angry:

Yer , they have been up for the last month or so . always $42 or so dollars . How these pass E-bay i have no idea . 

This is what they should be looking for .  This has been around before . Not too sure if anyone gets caught out ?. 

• Like 1

Knowing eBay they probably do what the other shirking companies like uber, Amazon and deliveroo do and denie that they are a company and just a source of putting one person in touch with another so they don't have to pay real tax like us lesser mortals and pay there worker peanut! So it's probably down to us if we get stung by these low life scumbags........Sorry i think i had a bit of a rant there:rolleyes:!

• Like 2

Just now, Hibernaculum said:

Seems legit. ;)

scam.jpg.e679525152c1f956f9769982ed7595bc.jpg

Really!!!! Try buying them and when they turn up put them on the"postman brought me" thread!.........Make us all jealous;)!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1