Jason1145

Wanted - Rolling chassis for a Rally bodyshell to sit on (TT02 maybe?) WHY?

Looking to buy a complete good condition used or new rally car type rolling chassis to sit my new Ford Capri/Datsun 240 bodyshell on.

I guess a road chassis that canbe hitched up a bit with rally tyres or longer shock eyelets would do just as well.

What have you got sitting that you don’t want anymore, UK based (not a TT01)

I have a TA01 in good condition, only problem is a broken motor mount. Apart from that is very good with a kyosho esc/receiver unit and servo.

I bought it from my local model shop for £40 just want what I paid. I can post pictures up later if your interested.

sven

27 minutes ago, svenb said:

I have a TA01 in good condition, only problem is a broken motor mount. Apart from that is very good with a kyosho esc/receiver unit and servo.

I bought it from my local model shop for £40 just want what I paid. I can post pictures up later if your interested.

sven

Ahh Sven I had a bad experience with a Manta Ray and I believe this is the same chassis as the TA01? Some of those problems came from the motor mount area too so having to go through that again send shivers down my spine :( 

Get a metal mount and problem solved. I have 2 TA02's and love them. 

+1 for alloy motor mount upgrade(£10 each`ish ebay),,fit and forget part,i also have 2x ta02 chassis both on brushless

What brushless system can they handle as mine struggled on 3900kv and then again on 3000kv with a brand new rear gearbox housing and gears, so it's put me off that chassis ( idler gear in rear diff wouldn't stay put despite locking down that rear diff top cover)

ive siliconed the rear gearbox cover seams to work well,fat washer for the screw,running a hobbywing 21.5turn motor

• Like 1

I've got a new tamiya TT01e Drift Chassis, metal bearings, oil shocks, adjustable steering arms as standard. No electrics except motor. Comes as standard from factory on that model as expert built xb. £76 inc postage .Also a new TL01 Chassis includes servo. Totally standard £56 inc postage if interested 

Any photos of the TL01?

what does it need to complete?

Well if you want to have use a Datsun 240z then you will have to use a chassis that can accommodate the shorter wheelbase. That narrows your options down quite a bit. As far as I know the only chassis with the needed 251mm wheelbase available are the TT-01, TT-02 (in both cases non S variants) and DF-03RA. The TA-04ss is also close with 247mm but I would not recommend it for rally applications. Since you already expressed that you are not interested in TT-01, I would recommend the TT-02 since the DF-03 has some a lot of parts that are hard to find.

8 hours ago, ejtnt said:

Well if you want to have use a Datsun 240z then you will have to use a chassis that can accommodate the shorter wheelbase. That narrows your options down quite a bit. As far as I know the only chassis with the needed 251mm wheelbase available are the TT-01, TT-02 (in both cases non S variants) and DF-03RA. The TA-04ss is also close with 247mm but I would not recommend it for rally applications. Since you already expressed that you are not interested in TT-01, I would recommend the TT-02 since the DF-03 has some a lot of parts that are hard to find.

Sorry I meant Nissan Fairlady Z which looked a lot like a Datsun 240z to me lol.. the ABC body I have is a 260mm wheelbase. Not sure how different those two bodies are?

What wheelbase is the Capri Zakspeed shell as I'd like to switch between both bodies for the chosen chassis

43 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Sorry I meant Nissan Fairlady Z which looked a lot like a Datsun 240z to me lol.. the ABC body I have is a 260mm wheelbase. Not sure how different those two bodies are?

What wheelbase is the Capri Zakspeed shell as I'd like to switch between both bodies for the chosen chassis

the fairlady is the domestic 240z/280zx/300zx/350z/370z :)

• Like 1

Capri Zakspeed wheel base is approx 251mm.

I put TA01 rear arms on my TA02 to give me 251mm so I could put a Wurth Zakspeed body on it.

Converted a F103GT to 251mm using a "made buy square" T bar so I could use a Capri Jagermeister body , but not really a rally car chassis!

• Like 1