bytestorm

Just got my 2 first kits! Any must have upgrades? (Please also see the Lunchbox green/blue paint code question)

3 minutes ago, bigoggy said:

The blue and green is a nice look.

WP_20161122_20_36_53_Pro_zps2jb8kimh.jpg

Could i please have those color codes? The blue is darker that I remember but the green is prolly right!!

I used pound shop unbranded paints. Not the Tamiya paint, so sorry can't help you there.

One question which doesn't impact anything, but its been killing me since the OP. How long ago was it when you had to choose? I thought the neo fighter is a new kit and it was new on the DT03 chassis, or is the neo fighter an updated version of an older model and you had yo choose between that and the Lunchbox? Or was your choice about 3 years ago and you are buying them again now but working?

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

One question which doesn't impact anything, but its been killing me since the OP. How long ago was it when you had to choose? I thought the neo fighter is a new kit and it was new on the DT03 chassis, or is the neo fighter an updated version of an older model and you had yo choose between that and the Lunchbox? Or was your choice about 3 years ago and you are buying them again now but working?

I choose when I was a kid, around 10 years old I think (1990 ish). I dont really remember but I was with my father at the local toy shop and they had the LB kit and another car looking like the neo fighter. But since I read your post I googled the neo fighter and cant find any original release year??? isnt the neo fighter a rerelease??

• Like 1

The Neo Fighter is a newish buggy, the first on the DT-03 chassis released in 2014. It is styled to look a bit like a Frog though. Could that be the buggy you remember from the '90s?

Ok that makes sense, I was wondering if you were going through a mid-life crisis early and trying to relive the glory days of 2014 lol

Of course none of the rest of us are doing that at all...

• Like 3

Thanks for the info and clearing that up :). Hmm.. then what car could it have been I saw back in the days?? I just remember it as a slim buggy, with blue and white coloring (mostly white ), white rims, and could been slim front tires also but not sure :/ . Maybe that one wasn't tamiya at all? :( well, the search goes on!

Hahaha reliving the glory days of 2014 :D. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bytestorm said:

Hahaha reliving the glory days of 2014 :D. 

Aaaa, 2014 BC (Before Children) , I remember it well, dining out,alcohol , holidays and lots of RC bashing!! 😊

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Aaaa, 2014 BC (Before Children) , I remember it well, dining out,alcohol , holidays and lots of RC bashing!! 😊

exactly! I got a son in august 2014... aah the BC memories.

But, now I can justify buying lots of RC stuff again.. He is also talking about old classic gaming consoles so I had to buy a couple of em too.. :D 

• Like 2

Funnily enough, my daughter has been nominated a neo fighter and a lunchbox (Both daughters have a lunchbox nominated for RC stock legality 😉) and now the bullhead is looking to have been claimed too! 

• Like 1

Its the same here, my son thinks the Novafox is his,  and the racecar is ours. I play along as it keeps wifey happy. He genuinely does have a car of his own though, its just that I have 5

• Like 1