Blista

M-07 Mini Chassis

Just noticed the news about the upcoming M07 chassis and didn't see a post yet so thought I'd kick it off.  No photos yet though!

Here's a link to info

It will be released with a bunch of hop-ups and looks like it is designed as a pure racing M-chassis.  It's only available in mid and long chassis sizes so no classic Mini bodies for this one.

Specifications
  • 1/10 scale R/C chassis assembly kit. Length: 332mm, width: 164mm.
  • The core of the chassis is a 1-piece monocoque with integrated upper frame elements similar to the TA-07 Pro. It is designed to offer excellent rigidity with easy maintenance.
  • Choose between 2 different wheelbases (M: 225mm, L: 239mm), simply by changing rear arm attachment direction.
  • Newly designed front and rear suspension use long arms for ideal leverage ratio, in tandem with long steering linkage components. Rear toe can be adjusted simply using spacers.
  • 4-wheel double wishbone suspension is fitted with CVA oil shocks.
  • The TA06 oil-filled gear differential is used to drive the M-07. It is paired with universal drive shafts and full ball bearings.
  • Compatible with standard IFMAR (Li-Po cell-type) regulation square-shaped battery packs.
  • Compatible with Low-Profile servos. 
  • The chassis was designed with easy access to the stabilizers (sold separately) for quick, precise adjustments vital at the racetrack.
  • Body mounts have a new reinforced design for more secure body attachment.
  • The chassis gives its driver excellent “feedback,” allowing you to judge with clarity how your setup changes have impact.

13 Hop-Up Options available at launch
  • 54757 M-07 Concept Stabilizer Set (Front & Rear) 
  • 54758 M-07 Concept Titanium Screw Set 
  • 54759 M-07 Concept Aluminum Motor Heat Sink 
  • 54760 M-07 Concept Aluminum Rear Suspension Mount 
  • 54761 M-07 Concept Carbon Damper Stay (Front) 
  • 54762 M-07 Concept Carbon Damper Stay (Rear) 
  • 54763 M-07 Concept Aluminum Steering Arm Set (L/R) 
  • 54764 M-07 Concept Aluminum Steering Bridge 
  • 54768 06 Module Hard Coated Aluminum Pinion Gear (17T) 
  • 54769 06 Module Hard Coated Aluminum Pinion Gear (18T) 
  • 54770 06 Module Hard Coated Aluminum Pinion Gear (22T) 
  • 54771 06 Module Hard Coated Aluminum Pinion Gear (24T)

Interesting. I was wondering when the next gen M chassis were out.

Pity there is no short-wheelbase option but I imagine a monocoque chassis limits the options.

I wish this was s a front-motor, rear wheel drive vehicle.  That would be so awesome.  It would also make sense because the MX-5, Alfa, S15, and a few no-longer-produced bodies for m-chassis are all 225 or 239mm and a front-engine RWD car in 1:1.

• Like 3

On 12/04/2017 at 7:09 PM, njmlondon said:

Interesting. I was wondering when the next gen M chassis were out.

It sounds better than the M05 in almost every way, but from what little has been announced it seems to be more like a new premium addition to the m-chassis line-up.  I guess we have to wait and see if they change the specs to lower-cost parts in order to replace the M05.

On 13 April 2017 at 2:48 AM, firefoxussr said:

I wish this was s a front-motor, rear wheel drive vehicle. 

I've reread the Concept announcement several times... it doesn't specifically say it's a FRONT wheel drive either, does it? :)

Ppl have assumed, mainly on being an odd-number M-chassis? ;)

Well Willy, as you say, assume it is FWD due to the odd number, but what a curveball Tamiya would pitch if it were AWD????@@@@@!!!! WOW
Let's see

2 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Well Willy, as you say, assume it is FWD due to the odd number, but what a curveball Tamiya would pitch if it were AWD????@@@@@!!!! WOW
Let's see

I'd like it if it were AWD but it looks like it only comes with one gear diff. It'll most likely be FWD, I'd say, but I'm hoping it could be an FR being it's got 'Concept' alongside its M-07 designation. I'd definitely be getting one if it is. :) 

4 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Well Willy, as you say, assume it is FWD due to the odd number, but what a curveball Tamiya would pitch if it were AWD????@@@@@!!!!

nah, they already threw us a 4WD U-ball with that TA05 weirdo, we all know how well that went... straight out under the bleachers butt first :rolleyes:

i was more hoping it was a 2WD but modular enough to swing either way ^_^ say mid motor front or rear

Sadly for T mini racing here isn't as popular as it was before, not too sure who'd actually buy a M-chassis these days (when you CAN'T even get it in a Mini or MINI anymore!!?). Plus if it's "too much better" than M03/M05 then it won't be allowed to race against those, which leaves it competing against everybody else's M-sized AWD or FWD. 

One of the clubs here are having kittens because it will turn their m chassis class rules on its head lol.

1 hour ago, gary1365 said:

One of the clubs here are having kittens because it will turn their m chassis class rules on its head lol.

well, the simplest easiest kneejerk is to ban it <_< if I know my motorsports

I thought it was rule changing to make the better car slower than the others.... godzilla bathurst anyone?

19 minutes ago, Darat76 said:

I thought it was rule changing to make the better car slower than the others.... godzilla bathurst anyone?

V8 stuporcarz definitely Dinosaur racing now!! :lol: V8s in shells resembling what Oz once made, or V8s in nissans, mercs & volvos that you can't even buy haha 

Jimmy was right! :)

To release an evolved M07 based on the 05 would meant moving the bits around just to sell a new chassis. Instead they took a wholesale look at it and decided it's time to come up with something new. So,  I think Tamiya's approach with the M07 is the right one.

The M06 already departed from ladder style chassis with a 2wd buggy style tub. The limiting factor for the M06 is the transmissions internals and suspension geometry that it shares with the M05.

Even so, it still is a heck of a lot faster on carpet than the M05.

It would have been ingenious if the had made the chassis modular, so you could change between fwd or rwd. 

I'm now looking forward to an M08! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raman36 said:

It would have been ingenious if the had made the chassis modular, so you could change between fwd or rwd. 

I'm now looking forward to an M08! 

What they should do is make it belt driven FWD so it can easily be optioned to an AWD/RWD vehicle, kinda like they did with the FF03/04 being the basis for the XV01.  

The way the gearbox is buried in the M05 is so limiting.

7 hours ago, Blista said:

TamiyaBlog.com has a high-res photo of the actual chassis now.tamiya-58647-m-07-chassis-concept-kit-3.

I was kinda expecting it to be FWD, being an odd number, but I was hoping for something... I don't know... different? Maybe adjustable to FR in some way or something? Probably a bit unrealistic of me. Oh well. I don't actually have a FWD chassis amongst all my projects so I might go ahead and buy one of these. It looks good but I just hope they do some new bodies of some FWD cars to match the chassis.

• Like 1

i think we will see some new bodies down the road. Hopefully they will be something more interested then the Mazda Demio.. yuck .. and hopefully Tamiya will venture away from releasing just Mazda bodies for the m chassis 

Yea, TAMIYA LISTEN UP, time to get us some good looking FWD bodies that will fit this chassis, but if I am honest, you could retread the BMW Mini as it is extended length chassis, I forget the measurement in mm, but thinking it is the medium length and Mazda 2, ick, let's pay attention Tamiya and get some good looking FWD bodies out for this cool looking chassis that I want one of now.

I have to admit to being a bit of a Mazda devotee.  I'd love to see a BD Familia body for the M-07.

mazda-323-bd-14.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, firefoxussr said:

I want one of these FWD bodies:

Fiat~Coupe~(2).jpg

fiat-barchetta-1323003-3223918.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

206gti-3.jpg

p856000218-5.jpg

+1... other than the Pug! I'll take an Alfa 145 or 146 instead...

1 minute ago, Badcrumble said:

+1... other than the Pug! I'll take an Alfa 145 or 146 instead...

Ha.. i hear you.  I hope the M08 is a RMR car and they make an Alfa 4C body.  

• Like 1