magnumb

Battery That Fits ORV

What 2S Lipo would fit nicely into an ORV chassis? Looking to get some more cells for my Blackfoot.  

• Like 1

My boy and I run Turnigy Nanotech 4200 2s 7.4v 25c stick packs in our Blackfoot and Monster Beetle with great success. They are a snug fit length ways, but nothing a couple of spacers can't fix. Happy to send a pic of them installed tomorrow if you like with part number. About £16 and last 40+ mins hard running on the stock motor!.... If only it could have been like that when I was a nipper!

47 minutes ago, Leckster said:

My boy and I run Turnigy Nanotech 4200 2s 7.4v 25c stick packs in our Blackfoot and Monster Beetle with great success. They are a snug fit length ways, but nothing a couple of spacers can't fix. Happy to send a pic of them installed tomorrow if you like with part number. About £16 and last 40+ mins hard running on the stock motor!.... If only it could have been like that when I was a nipper!

Model number would be great!

Thanks,

Terry

Pretty much any battery fits if you use some of the brass bushings that come in the kit (provided you have replaced them with bearings) as spacers on the battery mounts.

• Like 2

Use the Brass 850 bush as Theibault has said . Works great !. 

As you would have put in 850 Ball bearing's in other kits .  So you have a stash of bushes . 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

Model number would be great!

Thanks,

Terry

This is the Lipo we use from HK :)

9067000114-0

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leckster said:

I run these in mine and have used the brass spacers, works great! 

IMG_20160908_195051_zpsjmyimig8.jpg

• Like 1

Now I think I might try a 550 sized 21T motor and would like to run 11.1v....any 3s batterys that would work?

11 hours ago, Leckster said:

This is the Lipo we use from HK :)

9067000114-0

Thanks!

Terry

Check out this topic for more inspiration:

Core RC batteries are exactly the same dimensions as the old stick packs and fit an ORV perfectly with no alterations at all.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, njmlondon said:

Core RC batteries are exactly the same dimensions as the old stick packs and fit an ORV perfectly with no alterations at all.

Wow and they are hard case? Ill need to order some!

9 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Yup, hard case. 136mm long and exactly the same shape as the old stick packs. Even fit perfectly inside a 959 which has the tightest battery space I have ever come across. More than enough power too for most classic / re-re buggies, trucks and cars.

15 hours ago, Pintopower said:

If you find a place to order them in the US, please leave a link. ;)

2 hours ago, magnumb said:

For a 3S pack this thing looks super slim. Wonder if it would fit the ORV???

It may well fit.

Obviously 3S power will explode an ORV gearbox in no time!

I'm hoping with MIP Diff it will be able to take it....also running a 550 21T, so if it goes it will go quick:)

• Like 1

What ORV gearing is it? The Beetle / Blackfoot or Frog / Brat 

Take a video! That is a power!

2016 Blackfoot. May also use a transmission brace that runs through the idler gear.

Going to try a 15 tooth pinion at 1st and see what temps I get. From my understanding the Holmes Hobbies 550 21T run fairly cool. Going to gear up until I get to about 140 degrees.

Alternative for the Core RC one, exactly the same size:

LiPo-2s1p-7-4V-4-000mAh-45C-BRAINERGY-ko

Available at Tamico, Ebay or yuki-model.de.

• Like 2

Read this:

http://www.blackholesun.fr/en/41-en/rc-tech-guides/208-nicd-nimh-life-lipo-batteries-and-plugs?start=7

Make sure that what you get is 134mm long or shorter (or you'll need extenders for an ORV/wont fit at all on some models). Core RC, Yuki, Jamara, Robitronic options are available (+ others i expect if you search). The key is to check the length, many packs state "tamiya compatible" but are 4-5mm too long for a direct fit.

On 4/13/2017 at 1:24 PM, magnumb said:

Now I think I might try a 550 sized 21T motor and would like to run 11.1v....any 3s batterys that would work?

Will a 550 motor like the traxxas 12t titan fit in the orv? Id be interested for my monster beetle. I know it has a longer shaft so that concerns me fitting the pinion to the spur gear