enjay

Mad Bull speed controller replacement help.

Just took my old Mad Bull out with the kids and I think the old mechanical speed controller has died in a puff of smoke and glowing. Can I swap out the old unit for an ESC? I'm also running a sport tuned motor on it which I fitted last year, however it's not had much use since upgrading from the standard motor, would the higher spec be a factor in burning out the old controller?

I'm sure an msc could handle a sport tuned but they are getting on a bit now so it's a perfect time for an upgrade! Tear out that smoldering msc and your second servo and get yourself a Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 esc. They are fantastic value for money and will handle the sport tuned with ease.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hobbywing-QuicRun-1060-60A-Brushed-ESC-Electronic-Speed-Controller-Set-Fr-RC-Car-/262348084391?hash=item3d152a14a7:g:icoAAOSwB-1YprPV

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

I'm sure an msc could handle a sport tuned but they are getting on a bit now so it's a perfect time for an upgrade! Tear out that smoldering msc and your second servo and get yourself a Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 esc. They are fantastic value for money and will handle the sport tuned with ease.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hobbywing-QuicRun-1060-60A-Brushed-ESC-Electronic-Speed-Controller-Set-Fr-RC-Car-/262348084391?hash=item3d152a14a7:g:icoAAOSwB-1YprPV

What he said ;)

• Like 2

That looks just the job, thanks I will give that a go. Not bad, it's the first part I've had to replace in 17 years of having it.

1 hour ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Oh hang on, stupid question coming; so if I fit this esc I no longer need the second servo currently attached to the msc or anything else in its place?

That is correct enjay, the ESC replaces the MSC and the servo that controls it.

The Hobbywing QuikRun 1060 s a great ECU as adviced above. I have several off them. Works really well with the sport tuned and the torque tuned engines.

• Like 1