Sign in to follow this  
Wal.d

Lunchbox

I know that a lot of people don't like the lunchbox. But I love it . They don't handle well but they are fun fun fun . Can anyone recommend some good upgrades. I want to run it brushless so can anyone recommend a cheap brushless motor and esc. Plus if anyone is sell a lunchbox I would like to buy another.

I've gone for shapeways front and rear suspension braces and transmission brace plus Tamiya CVA shocks (not fitted in pic), standard silver can motor at the moment though. 

IMG_9777.JPG

• Like 2

Nice looking van. I am running a Orion 17t motor now which is good but need a few more wheelies. I think it has to be brushless

Mine is running a 15.5t (2400kv) Leopard Sensored Brushless motor with the stock Tamiya TBLE-02s speed controller. The motor had tons of torque on the standard 10 tooth Lunchbox pinion gear (enough to backflip with full throttle from a stop) but the speed was almost the same as a Midnight Pumpkin running a Sport Tuned motor.

I switched to a 18 tooth Hornet pinion and it is significantly faster with torque and wheelies similar to the stock setup. Except now its running about 25mph top speed. I believe stock it ran about 14 and 10 tooth it was about 17mph.

I also have the option of dialing back throttle on my remote which is recommended if you're thinking about a setup like this. Its very fast but running on anything but asphalt presents traction issues that can be difficult to manage with throttle control alone.

6 hours ago, Wal.d said:

I know that a lot of people don't like the lunchbox. But I love it . They don't handle well but they are fun fun fun . Can anyone recommend some good upgrades. I want to run it brushless so can anyone recommend a cheap brushless motor and esc. Plus if anyone is sell a lunchbox I would like to buy another.

You're spot on... they might not handle as well as other cars but they're definitely FUN FUN FUN!! :D

6 hours ago, si2001 said:

I've gone for shapeways front and rear suspension braces and transmission brace plus Tamiya CVA shocks (not fitted in pic), standard silver can motor at the moment though. 

IMG_9777.JPG

The Firestone logos look very good. What's the source for them? I run radio shack tires on mine. They're a direct copy from the Tamiya originals but made of harder rubber.

I have the usual set of mods on mine and run a sports tuned with a 2s lipo. I tried a hotter brushless motor (~12T equivalent) but it was too fast and removed all the fun of driving it. 

I have a goolrc 21.5T brushless motor in mine.... shorter, softer oil shocks, shape ways rear gearbox pivot thingy, and rear shock relocater..... well my wheeliemog does. My lunchbox is a vintage shelf queen with era correct cva's and that's it. Aside from my wr02 lunchbox.

10 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

The Firestone logos look very good. What's the source for them? I run radio shack tires on mine. They're a direct copy from the Tamiya originals but made of harder rubber.

I found them on eBay, here's a link to the Goodyear version:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272518322449 

I've got a set of these on the way to go on my Rollin' Thunder Lunchbox

What do people think about me put a tamiya brushless motor 15.5 t (54612)Tblm-02s on a standard tamiya esc tble-02s . Would this do what I am looking for . 

If the Tamiya 15.5t brushless motor is anything like my Leopard 15.5t brushless then you'll be in wheelie heaven. The two should be comparable and I hope the Tamiya would be higher quality because of its price.

Try changing the pinion to an 18t Hornet pinion after going brushless for outrageous speed. :lol:

• Like 1