Yesterday (16/04/17) was the first round of the Kidderminster Summer series. A few of us ran our Tamiya's. We had two re re Bigwigs, my re re Boomerang and a re re Hotshot. A gentleman's agreement saw us all use the Tamiya GT Tuned motor. Racing was fair and even.

We found that the 2 inch Schumacher Yellow blocks on the kit wheels worked the best, running around with a Tamiya GT Tuned motor the race pace was not that fast but fun and relaxed.

It made for a fun days racing, what we need now is more people to turn up with these cars and race with us. 

The second Round is on the 21st May.

KiddyRd1pic.jpg

KiddyRd1pic2.jpg

KiddyRd1pic3.jpg

• Like 4

This looks great, how did it come about that you ran rere Tamiyas? Or is it a vintage series? I was wondering if I took my Boomerang and entered the allcomers whether others would come out of the woodwork. Even built it with a ROAR approved esc and 17.5T motor with this in mind, as thats the spec for stock class. 

My incoming Top Force is intended for vintage racing, I would happily put in the GT Tuned Motor and a quickrun esc instead of the brushless 8.5T combo if I could join in. Not so keen on racing my Bigwig as it's intended as a light runner/shelfer.

Carl.

there are no set down rules for the vintage class at Kidderminster.

But we have been wanting to run the Hotshot chassis class with GT tuned motors as we do that indoors at the Dudley winter series.

If you do not run the same as us you will be put in the other vintage heat with all the other vintage cars. (much faster than us)

Boom4.jpg

Boom3.jpg

Boom2.jpg

Boom5.jpg

• Like 3

the Bigwigs belong to Malcolm McDougall and Louisa Garland. 

It would be good to have you race your Bigwig with us, we have found that Schumacher yellow 2 inch blocks work the best 

I know Malcolm i have brought a manta ray and a top force shell of him.

Dates are up for this years Summer Series at Kidderminster 2018

There will be a vintage 4wd heat for the Tamiya Hotshot gearbox class. (Boomerang, Hotshot, SuperShot, Bigwig, Super Sabre, Hotshot2)

Rules :-

1. Tamiya GT Tuned motor
  2. Schumacher 2 inch blocks (yellow or blue) inserts permitted (kit tyres if you want)
  3. Kit wheels
  4. Ballraces
  5. Oil shocks (any)
  6. 60 amp esc - Hobbywing 1060 preferred.
  7. any lipo (must be hardcase)
  8. UJ's permitted in front
  9. No metal suspension arms, bumpers or shock towers. (Super shot fronts ok)

Kidderminster & Worcester Model Car Clubs are pleased to announce the dates for the ever popular Kidderminster Summer Series 2018 sponsored by Model Car Racer

15th April
13th May
24th June
22nd July
2nd Sept

Best 3 of 5 rounds to count.

2wd, 4wd, Trucks, Micro, Vintage & Lunchbox/Wheelie.

The online booking-in form and further info will be made available in the following weeks.

We are looking forward to seeing you all during the summer months.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, super gripper said:

which classes are you looking to race in ?

I dont know yet as havent had chance to check the classes. Its looking possibly none as I only have 3 runners at the moment so i't mean having to rush and buy sometjing and then get it ready. Just watching a supershot on the bay so you never know.

the main classes I think are :-

4wd buggy

2wd buggy

stadium truck/truggy

2wd vintage

4wd vintage

micro buggy

Because we get enough for our own heat for the Hotshot cars they let us have our heat - our rules are a racers gentleman's agreement to keep things fair for all.

3 hours ago, super gripper said:

the main classes I think are :-

4wd buggy

2wd buggy

stadium truck/truggy

2wd vintage

4wd vintage

micro buggy

Because we get enough for our own heat for the Hotshot cars they let us have our heat - our rules are a racers gentleman's agreement to keep things fair for all.

Just been on their page but couldnt find anything on the Summer Series. Id be intersted in the vintage 2wd and 4wd spec pending.  Im assuming the other 2wd and 4wd are modern buggys which isnt my bag really, same with the micro. 

yes the main classes are modern 2wd and modern 4wd just like most events.

as soon as I can get some booing in info I will let you know

have you got BRCA and a transponder ?

26 minutes ago, super gripper said:

yes the main classes are modern 2wd and modern 4wd just like most events.

as soon as I can get some booing in info I will let you know

have you got BRCA and a transponder ?

Neither mate? 

oh right ok, you must have BRCA otherwise you will not be permitted to race, I think they might have hand out transponders but it is always best to have a personal one.

8 hours ago, super gripper said:

oh right ok, you must have BRCA otherwise you will not be permitted to race, I think they might have hand out transponders but it is always best to have a personal one.

Ok bud ;)