Sign in to follow this  
Effigy3

Sand paddles direction

I have always mounted the sand paddles on my Grasshoppers in this direction but I see people mounting them the other way all the time.  Is this the "proper" way?

04.17.2017-20.00.png

• Like 1

Scoop forward so when they run forward they scoop up the dirt and spray it out the back. 

Otherwise what's the point, might as well run chevrons at that rate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Effigy3 said:

I have always mounted the sand paddles on my Grasshoppers in this direction but I see people mounting them the other way all the time.  Is this the "proper" way?

04.17.2017-20.00.png

That's the right direction. Many people doesn't care about it, but for the trained eye, it's a hard thing to pass by, lol.

4 minutes ago, Munchbox said:

Scoop forward so when they run forward they scoop up the dirt and spray it out the back. 

Otherwise what's the point, might as well run chevrons at that rate.

That's what I thought!  That's exactly why  I run them this way.  I see so many people who mount them the other way 'round though I started to doubt my logic.

• Like 1

Truth be told with a tire like that it probably doesn't make a huge difference. Kind of like aluminum servo mounts, etc. Do they make sense as an upgrade? Yes. Do they make enough of a difference to notice for the average basher? Maybe.

Now if we were talking about a proline sand paw, maybe it's a little too much grab the right way around. Swapping it might ease up on that a bit I suppose.

@Effigy3 As you have them mounted in your picture, is the correct way.

If you pay close attention to the manual, it also shows the mounting direction quite clearly. 

These are true directional tyres.

• Like 1