Hibernaculum

What vintage R/C car or part were you most happy to find?

On 7/18/2019 at 8:04 PM, SuperChamp82 said:

Now - this may be a touch controversial - but I don’t count vintage NIB or restoration finds as striking Treasure Hunt gold ...

I mean sure they’re satisfying at the time but these days it’s largely a waiting game after registering on the usual sites vs quality sleuthing or effort ?

So, the guys who sift through dusty estate sales, have a black book of informed hoarders (who rise to the sound of Tamiya jungle drums ...) or trawl the sad (but inevitable) decline / closure of old hobby stores get my respect.

For me personally, the finds that have really made me smile are frankly the rare occasions I beat you lot to a rare bargain 😂

Most recently a NIB ‘78 Futaba FP 2GS set - and a NOS 6V battery hop up for a ‘76 934 !

I would have to agree with this sentiment, quite often the best find is not the new in box, or the most expensive kit bought cheap, but the kit that you come across and hadnt realised even existed. I have a vintage Kyosho Super lazer Porsche 956 in original box that i got in a lot of parts that i bought, i had never heard of one, and have never seen one since..

Its the thrill of the chase and the discovery of something new that makes it all worth while... If it gets the inner child screaming with delight, then its the best find ever.

• Like 1

Found an Hirobo Lancia Rally 44B NIB a couple of years ago .

Pretty happy with this find 😃

ECDD874A-C786-4285-905C-F5CB950BEB18.jpeg

• Like 3

On 7/23/2019 at 10:01 AM, Swarm said:

Found an Hirobo Lancia Rally 44B NIB a couple of years ago .

Pretty happy with this find 😃

I approve this message. ^_^

• Thanks 1

dunno if this is a joke - but this made me laugh today. i've been looking for the TA03F urethane bumper set for ages, i've actually given up. so today just housekeeping my saved ebay searches, and guess what pops up. this seller literally has HUNDREDS of them :lol::lol::lol:

so anyone else looking for TA03F bumpers, just check out that link above...

1 hour ago, MockTurtle said:

dunno if this is a joke - but this made me laugh today. i've been looking for the TA03F urethane bumper set for ages, i've actually given up. so today just housekeeping my saved ebay searches, and guess what pops up. this seller literally has HUNDREDS of them :lol::lol::lol:

so anyone else looking for TA03F bumpers, just check out that link above...

I could be wrong, but it looks like you have to buy all 100? :lol:

I am sure I have about 3 of those bumper sets NIP somewhere...

9 hours ago, berman said:

I could be wrong, but it looks like you have to buy all 100? :lol:

I am sure I have about 3 of those bumper sets NIP somewhere...

it seems seller also has single and triple packs of the bumpers for sale, as well as two dealer packs of 100pcs each. its bumpers galore. lol.

hey maybe somewhere there's a truckload of TA03 hop ups... one can only hope.

• Like 1

Oh thats good then. I have never owned a TA03 sorry.

Probably the best overall vintage rc I found was believe it in a big antique fair full of crusty old furniture on a really cold day I was literally just passing and the wife needed mirror for the hall way and had the idea she might find one so reluctantly of we went 40 minute later I found this decaless but in fantastic condition £100 body was perfect!, I painted it decals applied then "stupidly" I sold it:wacko:........why to this day I did that I will never know!.........and no she never found a mirror :rolleyes:

IMG_20170813_175322.jpg

• Like 2