wilysloth

Vintage servo to modern receiver

I have an Acoms IC AS-7 servo on a vintage Blackfoot that I would like to connect to a Core RC Code 2.4GHz FHSS Mini Receiver. However the servo plug is too large. I believe what I am looking for is Male Futaba G to Female Futaba J cable, is this correct?

Acoms IC AS-7 servo (Female Futaba G [correct?]) ---> (Male Futaba G) Apapter cable (Female Futaba J) ---> (Male Futaba J [correct?]) Core RC receiver.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get such a cable in the UK that'd be great.

No, Acoms has no relation to Futaba.

This is a Fut G plug:-

futm3900%20futaba%20aec1%20aileron%20ext

the pointy plug goes on the servo. The other side is half the width of Acoms plug :) 

I have not seen anyone make adapters for old Acoms these days.

Your easiest option is to get some generic plugs, chop off the Acoms and install them on the servo leads.

Warehouse-100-sets-JR-Futaba-Connector-f

If you still insist on making your own adapters... easiest source for suitable Acoms socket are the old Acoms RXes with the flyleads.

acoms_arc-227.jpg

They once were everywhere, 2ch units mostly and nobody wanted any of them. Not uncommon to find them dead with water damage, moisture from condensation does buildup inside & no way to escape if the rubber bung is never opened.

Chop those leads off, install generic or FutJ plugs on the leads -_- get hunted down by Acoms purists for desecration of their ancient RC legacy. :lol:

Take a file and make it fit it's only slightly bigger than the hole of the receiver, pins should be about on the same spot.