Yes and the relocated door handle. I painted the body before I really dug in on the research and noticed those two things. I almost started over but the paint and decals came out so good that I did not want to start over. Thanks for the compliments!

I received an email last night from Jeff Dane, the builder of the real Awesome Kong and he was elated to say the least. He asked if he could post pictures of it on his Facebook page. I was happy to say yes. 

9 hours ago, Vanspeed said:

I received an email last night from Jeff Dane, the builder of the real Awesome Kong and he was elated to say the least. He asked if he could post pictures of it on his Facebook page. I was happy to say yes. 

R7gC9BM.jpg  AWESOME !!!

Both look amazing!!! So much quality custom fabrication there.

Would love to build another monster truck, especially a retro one!

Any chance of a link to Jeff Danes page with your creation? I couldn't find it as I don't do the facebook thing.

Jeff Dane figure is done, I did him up like he was dressed in "return of the monster trucks"

0AEB5DAA-C454-46DE-848E-DE26542FA04A_zps

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 4:14 PM, berman said:

Both look amazing!!! So much quality custom fabrication there.

Would love to build another monster truck, especially a retro one!

Any chance of a link to Jeff Danes page with your creation? I couldn't find it as I don't do the facebook thing.

Hi Neil!

This is it. The page works for me, even though I don't have facebook, so you will be able to see it ;)

https://www.facebook.com/The-King-Kongmonster-truck-fan-page-122890631118689/

What a fantastic driver! I'd wish you could show some more pictures of the custom bodies/torsos you made for these trucks. Also, is that a Sand Scorcher/Monster Beetle head? I was not expecting it would look so nice up there Jeff. Great job! :)

That is a sand scorcher/monster beetle driver with a re-shaped arm and torso. They are not perfect scale but the best we could do with our budget. Thanks!

Did you bent the arm by heating the plastic or did you cut it off and reshaped it to make it good for the truck?

I cut the arm off and cut it into three sections. For it where I liked it and solvent welded it back together.

It's criminal this build thread doesn't receive the attention it deserves. This must be one of the coolest custom builds to ever grace this here website! 

2 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

It's criminal this build thread doesn't receive the attention it deserves. This must be one of the coolest custom builds to ever grace this here website! 

Totally agree - this has to be one of my top 5 favourite builds ever - astounding work - and am so impressed you run it ;) 

• Like 1

On 22/06/2017 at 5:50 AM, mongoose1983 said:

Me too. I think it should be posted to the general thread. I can't believe it's a runner! I'd be dead scared if I rolled it

Ok so it is up and bashing. Have only ran it on grass so the couple times it flipped it did no damage. The steering is unreal because of the 1 inch shorter wheelbase. I have raced it against my neighbors KIng Krunch I did and they look awesome. I will post some actions shots and maybe a video. I did add some pinstripes to the headlight covers like the real truck  and built a front bumper. Saw a pic where it had one like this.

78D6EEBF-497A-44DC-B712-722E1C62FFB2_zps

5570D153-9D7D-46FE-BE4D-C97E741C27AC_zps

• Like 1

http://k33.kn3.net/A/8/F/4/5/3/2A5.gif

Your creation is nothing short of awesome, Jeff!!

For heaven's sake don't destroy it :)

Awesome Kong INDEED!

thank you photobucket for holding all my pictures for ransom. Sorry guys, they want $400 a year to retrieve them. I wish there was another way to get them back. 

7 hours ago, Vanspeed said:

Trying to find another site but all my pics are being held ransom.

You can still download them off the site and use Google Images, Imgur or something.

And yes. PhotoBucket can go eff themselves...

What Photobucket has done to their users is one of the most violent attempts at milking an extra buck I have ever seen. I wonder if they changed owners or such. Anyway, I doubt a thing like that is even legal. And not even a warning! :(

Just now, Flerbizky said:

You can still download them off the site and use Google Images, Imgur or something.

And yes. PhotoBucket can go eff themselves...

I believe if you have over 2GB of pictures/videos there you're not allowed to download them without paying. My pictures are there and can be downloaded.

I think the biggest problem with this funny move by Photobucket is how on earth are we going to trust another online company to store our pictures or archives. If these guys succeed by pushing and punishing their customers this way, what can we expect from the other photo host websites around? This can set a standard, which is frightening to say the least.

On 7/7/2017 at 11:51 PM, mongoose1983 said:

I believe if you have over 2GB of pictures/videos there you're not allowed to download them without paying. My pictures are there and can be downloaded.

I think the biggest problem with this funny move by Photobucket is how on earth are we going to trust another online company to store our pictures or archives. If these guys succeed by pushing and punishing their customers this way, what can we expect from the other photo host websites around? This can set a standard, which is frightening to say the least.

I might be old. And I might also be a bit stupid - but I, for one, chose to trust Google. I believe them when they say "Don't be evil" - and trust they would never pull a PhotoBucket stunt...

Also - I'm paying $2.99 (I think) a month for 100Gb of image storage - so technically - it's far from free.