Sign in to follow this  
Grastens

SOLD: Tamiya Astute Hybrid

After deliberation and with an upcoming trip to an amateur ice hockey tournament in mid-May, I have decided to list my Tamiya Astute for sale. Unlike previous attempts, I am not wavering on my promise: this car is and will remain for sale until sold. The memories I have are unfortunately not enough to overcome the room and board and equipment fees I will be facing abroad...

What you see here is a Tamiya Astute. Several modifications have been implemented, including: 

- modified suspension front and rear, using simplified Madcap components to reduce weight and complexity compared to the original Astute specification

- alloy rear suspension blocks (replacing Astute parts D1)

- a complete Tamiya Traction Control geartrain, purchased separately and installed as stock

- Super Astute central battery holder (G parts)

- ball bearings installed in drivetrain and other areas (where bearings are still used; suspension modifications negate many of the original Astute's areas)

In addition, a reproduction shell and wing are included - minor scuffs and scratches appear on the shell and undertray. Blue anodized wheel nuts anchor original lightweight racing wheels and correct kit tires.

This car is in good working condition, tested with the electronics pictured (which will be included). These electronics can be removed upon request for a discount. All mechanical parts are in solid structural condition, with no visible cracks or evidence of fractures. I bought this car used and refurbished it prior to running it; since then, it has been run five times, and only twice with the TTC geartrain installed - personal photo records verify this claim, as well as the notion that RC circuit-type jumps were never encountered while in my ownership.

I am open to offers and trades; however money is a priority given the circumstances under which I am selling this car. At present, I am looking for approximately 250 GBP (amounting to roughly $445 CAD at writing), which will include worldwide shipping. Where other currencies are considered, the Canadian dollar will provide a baseline for conversions (and remember that it is weak at present ;)). As this car is based in Canada, this fee will facilitate paying for faster shipping options overseas; otherwise I am willing to negotiate offers if you are willing to accept less expensive (if slower) shipping. I accept PayPal, either marked as 'gift' or with a nominal increase added to compensate for transaction fees.

As well as I have attempted to describe the car, pictures do a better job; thus:

9uqmmc.jpg

w1wvhs.jpg

10540m1.jpg

2dtx9ox.jpg

28qvwvl.jpg

Of course, if you wish for more detailed photos and/or have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me! I have ready access to this Astute and wish for you to buy with confidence, so I will be more than happy to answer your queries.

Thanks for reading!

Bump - up with the thread, down with the price!

And now this car is sold! Thanks to all who viewed and enquired :)

Sign in to follow this