Sign in to follow this  
Grastens

Sale: Vintage ORV Gearbox Assembly + Dampers

When I purchased my Lancia Rally years ago, there was evidence that the chassis was original. One of the clues was its gearbox, which had a solid final drive gear and hex-style outdrives and cups. My Lancia has been anything but period-correct since then, so now I offer its complete supplanted gearbox.

What you see here is a complete gearbox from an early ORV-chassis Tamiya. This sale features a fully-assembled gearbox; matching hex-style outdrives, driveshafts, and axle stubs; rubber boots; and the plastic pinion gear cover cap (Part C12, not pictured). Also included are two rear suspension arms and complete dampers (not pictured).

1ox1l0.jpg

The gearbox is in used condition and complete, featuring the original solid final drive gear instead of the later differential - a distinguishing feature of a stock Lancia Rally/Subaru Brat gearbox. It is fully assembled but not greased. Part C12 is not pictured but will be included in the sale; two 3 x 27 mm screws will be required to attach a 380 motor, or two 3 x 30 mm screws for a 540 motor. Upon request, a proper 380 motor adaptor can be included in the sale. To my knowledge, this gearbox was built up with plastic bearings. The gears turn smoothly with no binding, and visual inspection reveals minimal wear.

The outdrives, driveshafts, and axle stubs are also in used condition, but with intact hexagonal ends showing little wear. The accompanying rubber boots are supple but show a single small hole each at one end, at its widest point. It is unknown to what extent these components were used - I swapped them out for modern CV joints prior to running the model on which the outdrive assemblies were equipped.

I am open to offers and trades; however money is a priority given the circumstances under which I am selling these parts. At present, I am looking for approximately $60 CAD, which will include shipping from their location in Canada. I am able to open up this figure to negotiation where a specific shipping cost is requested. Where other currencies are considered, the Canadian dollar will provide a baseline for conversions (and remember that it is weak right now ;)). I accept PayPal, either marked as 'gift' or with a nominal increase added to compensate for transaction fees.

As well as I have attempted to describe these parts, pictures do a better job; thus:

6pre5d.jpg

One set of axle stub and outdrive is shown here:

2j68uwk.jpg

The other set is in this photo:

rkc4dt.jpg

4gmed3.jpg

The condition of one of the driveshaft ends, which inspection confirms applies to both ends of each assembly:

fl92qr.jpg

I am also including a pair of rear suspension arms. These are in used condition, with a single crack at each damper mount point, but still usable. Plastic bearings will be fitted to these if part of the purchase. Note that I cannot endorse the 'vintage' nature of the arms with absolute certainty.

2125l.jpg

The rear dampers are in used working condition, and are proper vintage parts.

2ng7rf5.jpg

Of course, if you wish for more detailed photos and/or have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me! I have ready access to all parts mentioned and wish for you to buy with confidence, so I will be more than happy to answer your queries.

Thanks for reading!

Edit: Note that I will be absent from May 11th - 28th, so communications will be sparse during that time, and shipments delayed until the 29th.

• Like 1

Bump... Hey, I found some vintage dampers, too! I will include them in the sale.

Bump - something this assembly can absorb now thanks to those vintage dampers! Remember that I am open to offers.

The listing has been edited to include the suspension arms and dampers in the sale.

Sign in to follow this