Sign in to follow this  
tamiya wrc

Tires for brushless motor chassis

Hello!

I am searching the right tyres for my Tamiya TA07 pro chassis. The recommendation in instructions is tamiya item 53434 or 53435 (24mm c compound). So what do you recommend, remember I want some quality rubber tyres with low wear for good price which include also foam inserts. The chassis will be used on tarmac surface.

Thanks.

The club I was once involved with had their members run Team Sorex pre-mounted wheels and tires like these. It was proven to be a great spec tire: 24 mm wide, well-priced with inserts, and with good wear characteristics (including durability) on the asphalt track they raced. I recall many of the brushless racers were at 17T; rookies and the budget-conscious (both often in the silver-can classes) used the 32R compound while faster drivers in the other (largely-brushless) class preferred the 28R compound.

However, this is all irrelevant if you are running, say, a Tamiya 8T Transpeed in your car, so I think we would benefit from your electronics setup for other recommendations.

I also think the sorex 24r are a great choice.

If the want a hard(ish) wearing Tamiya tire try 51023 come in packs of 2 with inserts.

The above does depend on surface temperature of course.

sven

Hello!

Tires for TA07pro chassis:
I am thinking about Team Sorex (#CO-32R) Competition SlickTire and Team Sorex (#MC-24M) 24mm Molded Tire Inserts Type-C Medium, what do you recommend...is this good choice? I will mounted this tires and inserts on original Tamiya rims included with chassis.

Thanks.